Silver Lake Report - Feb 26th

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

What a day!!!!

It was quite the convoy heading out onto the ice...great to see!

Nighttollers laker was awesome.....the heat was on for sure....with about a dozen folks circling him... :lol: :lol:

After giving up on the lakers...Jaz and I decided to head shallow....to find some pannies...well the perch were on the menu...lots....but alot of dinky ones.... :roll:

Big-O had moved onto another area...I started to make my way over and he holds up this monster perch.....ummm....Jaz....get the stuff!....we're moving over here!... :lol: :lol:

Glad we did.....I pulled easily 100 perch....mostly tiny ones...around 6 inches...but a few whoppers!.....I've decided to get the 13 incher with a 9 inch girth mounted....I plan to hold out to try to get 3 of them....I think I'm dreaming...took me about 20 years to get one that size.... :lol: :lol: :lol: ......I've fished alot....and seeing a 13 incher....from this area.....is very rare in my eyes....but now that I'll target them...here's hopin'!

That smallie was crazy!....Thanks for the help Jaz....quick pic.....total air time...about 8 seconds.... :wink:

Another great outing with some hawktalkers.....great meeting you Jigs!

RJ
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

Tipup, bout an hour and a half or so from Orleans. Did you get out to the shack tonight as planned?

bucket
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I knew NT's laker would get all the recognition.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was great looking down that hole and seeing that big head coming up I'll tell ya!

RJ
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

Of coarse!! :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

The CO told us the laker population in Silver isn't great.....and that they are considering to stop stocking the lake as the water quality isn't good enough all year to support them.... :(
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

I was told the laker fishery on Silver was amazing .
Bottoms Up
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Bottoms Up »

Great pics fellas !! Those Jumbos were huge ! Beauty Laker NT !!!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Well all the others sumed up the day pretty well....it was great to get on the ice with all the guys....Had a great time fishing with RJ today...thanks bud, Jazz you will get the big one next time out....as soon as you get vexilar :lol: :wink: :wink: .... It was great to meet Jigs.... Hey jigs....you sign up for the spring trip yet????? :D :D

Watching that big laker taking drag ....and diving about 60 feet to the bottom (3 or 4 times) was awsome :D great Job Rich....thank god for good drag systems :shock: :D :D The perch we got today were awsome...my personal best........Never seeing a perch that big....I was not sure what the heck it was when I seen the head coming up out of the black in the hole :shock: .........it was followed by three more .... :D I think RJ was walking over to the truck for a fresh Minnow ...when I held up the fish....and told him that it was a perch., the next thing I see.....is old blue (My truck) in a cloud of Snow dust with RJ behind the wheel ....bombing down the lake .....a short conversation with Jazz another cloud of Snow dust....Rj was out of the truck and was jigging for Perch....before the truck came to a full stop 8) :lol: :lol: :lol: I look over to see RJ ice noodle rod :wink: ....bent just about in hafe.....Jaz comes running over....and was there to help land a big 13 "....now we all heard RJ say, he was giggling like a school girl...well I witnessed this today :lol: :lol: :lol: he's not kidding....he was giggling like a school girl. :oops: I have to admit ...i had very low expections today...going to silver lake....i have never Heard any good reports from that lake...and none in the winter....but this lake can produce some Quality fish...as we all seen...i may have to go back .....maybe i can get a few more of those Big perch....would love to have three mounted on a peice of drift wood

Thanks again RJ...for a great day....and Supper
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

12 people....7 or 8 Vexilars....8 hours....1 8 pound laker....1 half pound laker.....hardly amazing.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

RJ WROTE:
1 half pound laker
Duck Gunner will thank you for that....you may have added about twice it's wieght :wink: :wink: :wink: ......Just kidding Paul....it was good looking trout. :D :D :D
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

big-o wrote:RJ WROTE:
1 half pound laker
Duck Gunner will thank you for that....you may have added about twice it's wieght :wink: :wink: :wink: ......Just kidding Paul....it was good looking trout. :D :D :D
No you're not :wink: :lol: :lol: Just kidding that is :!:
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

fishin Silver

Post by Jigs »

:D Yepper, that was truly an awsome day.......most of it I got second hand since I slept in. Got there about 1:30 PM. :oops:

Nice to have met another 3 of the Hawkers. The rest were around behind an island and I wasen't sure of the ramblin rek being able to plough through the snow..........nor the car either.

Big O, R.J., Jazman, was a pleasure to meet you. Am certainly looking forward to the next time.

Wish I could have stayed longer.

Regards: Jigs. :mrgreen:
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

Rich, you're becoming one of my new hero's very quickly. First with the sturgeon, now with the Beauty Laker!!! Good Job landing it, I would be smiling til Bass season after that fish. Also, RJ that's one fat lookin' smallie, I bet you were disappointed to find out it wasn't a laker though... still must've been a great fight. RJ next time we head to Muskrat you should come and maybe you'll find perch 2 and 3 for the mount job :D
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

I'd have to say that Richard is becoming somewhat of a folk hero around here! The photo of that Laker is the nicest I've ever seen. Jazz, do you have one that has Rich's head in the picture too? I'd like to stick that picture and the one with RJ's awesome smallmouth in my digital library. I was hoping I wasn't going to miss much not tagging along on this trip, but the photos of the big Perch put me over the top in reconsideration. :roll:

As always, thanks to all for posting the pics and tales of adventure on the ice!

Ratsotail
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

Great Report guys...

That is a nice laker for Silver. I fish it all the time in the summer with downriggers while the family swims at the beach. I am sure it is going to get alot more pressure now with pictures of a laker like that :D :D :D

...but it is a put and take fishery.

cheers'

-et
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye