Lake Simcoe Jan. 9

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Simcoe

Post by Seaweed »

Awesome outing everyone.

I am going to bust my butt to meet up with everyone on January 22 in Gilford. I have been dying to get back to Simcoe. My little sister lives in Stroud... she doesn`t know it yet but she has company coming for the weekend. :lol:

Gotta get me some perch.
bosc
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by bosc »

Great report guys. Some nice looking perch you got there.
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Carlco wrote:Must have taken a while to clean those numbers. I know when I get a bucket full of crappies it takes a long time. Carlco
50 minutes Carlco.

Image Image

I was going to do them in the morning, but decided to do them last night. I was wiped, but I find fish clean up easier fresh.

FFF, did you get your bag cleaned up and have you tried them yet?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Tip-up »

MMMMmmmmm :lol: nice catch , how do you like to fry up your perch??
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

perch

Post by muskymuskymusky »

I am new to clean perch an d have never cooked them. I will be filleti them soon. Then in bag with flower and and egg, shake, shake, Add some seasoning to the bag, Shake Shake. then into frying pan with little oil lots of salt and pepper and i think they will be good to go. Anyone ever do the doritos thing with perch? :wink:
SkeinMachine
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by SkeinMachine »

Triple M,the problem using any kind of spicy batter,it takes away from the taste of the fillet.

You want to taste the fish,your batter recipe sounds perfect. :wink:

Here's a shot of the Vex,in action:

H.I.H.
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Got them cleaned Markus none ate yet.
Good pics from the rest of the guys! I 'll do better next time, got my last 3 pretty quick after Markus explained that if the rod tip moves set the hook!
He also taught me if your gonna move off on your own take the minnows :wink: Had me wondering what to do til Jammer pointed out MuskyX3 had some! A few aches this morning most of them from laughing so much! Great time.
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice perch guys and good report. Going for perch in Bainsville sometime this winter whenever I decide to go there All posted here.
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Great

Post by Legend »

:) Wow, you guys have restored my faith in Simcoe... 2 13 inch Perch is awesome! As for those Whiteys, they need something a little different.

Great work, and nice to see you weren't too crowded.

Wait til' you see my "bad boy" rod rest/alarm. Nothing gear related goes down the hole!

:) Legend
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

...I've been dying for a Simcoe trip ever since I lived in the States over the years and now in Ottawa. It must be nice to be able to drill a hole with a hand auger in less than 20 cranks. It takes about 45 now on Petrie Island and I feel it after a weekend of probing.

What kind of depths do you fish in Simcoe for schooling Perch and are these Perch prone to the white worms I'm seeing in some of the local lakes? I never saw the white worms in fish caught in Lake Erie or lakes in Pennsylvania.

If any Fishhawkers are up for a Simcoe trip give me a buzz. I'd like to say I fished Simcoe and Nippising while I lived in Canada. I love this place!

Ratsotail
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

ratsotail, how long have you lived here and how long are you staying?
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Markus,

I'll be in Ottawa at least three winter's and as many as five if the wife can take it. I've got a Fish Trap, sonar, tackle, and the will to pop holes and follow the schools. Lake Simcoe sounds like a blast fishing for the Grand Slam...Lake Trout, White Fish, Walleye, and my favorite...Yellow Perch.

Ratsotail
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Man what a great looking meal that is....Mmmmmmmmm!

Nice work guys :!:
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Hey Triple F;

You don't have all yours cleaned yet!!! I found 4 of the buggers in the back of my truck this morning when i cleaned it out!!! :o

After seeing triple M's new rod in action i think Markus dropped his down the hole on purpose so he could get a new one!!! lol

Was a great trip for sure!!! A slow day for Simcoe but a great time none the less...
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Wasn't so slow for Markus.... :shock: ...40 keepers....Nice!

RJ