Montreal Fishing with Carlco & Manny

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

It was an absolute pleasure being on the water with you guys today. A few slow periods but other then that, a very good outing. Fish were smaller then expected but including the ones that were dropped (Carlco :oops: :oops: :shock: :shock: :D ), the numbers were there.

You gentlemen are always welcome and I am looking forward to fishing with youz all again either here or in Ottawa.

BTW, won't be going out fishing tomorrow since me and Buck decided to go out next weekend.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Hey Manny I forgot to mention that also ...i figure Carlco dropped about another what 20 fish....at the hole :shock: :shock: :shock: :x :x :evil: Thanks again, looking forward to the next trip... :D
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Now that I`m finally awake from yesterdays trip...

Another fun adventure in the Fish-Hawk world.

Although we did manage to land 30 + fish :P I managed to loose 30+ fish all day :evil: I finally shortened my stinger hook and then no more fish lost... Well except a few more and one right at the whole :evil: Which was defintely the biggest thing I had on all day. It was even taking line :shock: Got stuck in the ice as it was getting dark and couldn`t see anymore and then it was gone.

Will post Manny`s eye later as I can`t seem to upload on my picture hosting site right now.

I love donating money to Montreal :cry: I should have known better but a little argument later I was back on the ice. We got lucky coming back we managed to find a gate that had a big enough opening to let us go through instead of fence jumpine... I would have liked to have seen phil jump that fence though.

All in all a great day and a quick drive with Phil`s stories :lol:

Hope to do it again soon.

Carlco
Carl
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Carl »

Here`s Manny`s pic:

Big-O also failed to mention that he only started catching fish once I gave him my fishing rod and jigging rap :lol: I told him he needed a french version in order to catch fish in Montreal :!:

Carlco
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Wow!

Post by Cancatchbass »

Big-O- 60 feet down! :shock:

I take it there was very little current or your baits would have been hitting bottom somewhere near Three Rivers. :lol:

Manny can catch fish while sleepwalking? :wink:

CCB
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

CCB Wrote: Big-O- 60 feet down!

I take it there was very little current or your baits would have been hitting bottom somewhere near Three Rivers.

Manny can catch fish while sleepwalking?

Tom there was current....but because we were behind a point it worked like a super hugh Eddy...which slowed it down Lot :D ....yea your right...i now know Mannys secret....sleep fishing :lol: :lol:
Manny
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Manny »

HAHAHAHA, what a horrible picture. :oops: :oops:
Caseys Dream
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Caseys Dream »

What an awesome walleye ice day, man I'm jealous.
We get alot of those mudpuppies down here on Lake Erie and Lake St Clair but some guys kill them which is really stupid. They claim that since they will not leave their bait alone and scare away the fish that they must die.
Be kind to our amphibians, they were here alot longer than us, and I find they are quite pretty. Save the Mudpuppy!!!!

CD
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Yep!

Post by Cancatchbass »

You said it, CD!

There is no reason to hurt these guys.

And instead of frightening fish away, they are actually a food source for larger fish and other creatures.

CCB- a fellow amphib/reptile lover. :lol:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Todays muddpuppies could be next millenia's spotted human beings.

Cool to see a creature near it's evolutionary point of stepping from the depths and breathing it's first breaths on land. :idea:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

CCB, while we were there there were two other fishermen, they are of the same opion that these Mud puppys and Ling should be left on the ice...as they eat walleye fri.....A short conversation with Manny and Manny convinced the the Fisherman to return Mud puppys to the water, we were not so lucky with the Ling :( :( We found a few on the ice and returned them to the water, both Manny and Carlco caught ling....these were also returned to the water !! I was telling Carlco on the ice yesterday, that I wasen't real crazy about these guys leaving the ling on the ice,he was of the same mind and so was Manny, so as the other fisherman left a hole, we went behined them and returned the the ling to the depths :D :D :D
Scumking
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Scumking »

Hey Phil, Looks like you had a great day.

How much will it take to get Manny to reveal this secret spot to other Quebecers. :shock: :D :D :D I'm new to icefishing and looking for someplace to go.

Manny just kidding any info you could spare would be appreciated.

Ron
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

Nice fish guys looks like was a great day yesterday.
ratsotail
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ratsotail »

Way to go Manny and Carlco! I remember when you guys were planning that trip weeks ago out on Petrie. I see Manny had his traditional Spring fishing clothes on again. That boy just does not get cold in the winter does he!

Sorry to hear you had to make a donation to the city for a bad choice in parking location Carlco!

Never caught a Mudpuppy or a Ling before...they look pretty prehistoric.

Nice Walleyes fellas!

Ratsotail
Wall-I-Guy
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wall-I-Guy »

Well done guys! Nice to see those Wallies :!: