Fish-Hawk Salmon Adventure - April 20-21

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

Jazman, you summed that up very eloquently.

I however, am currently sitting at my bros place in the big smoke. He is about to run me down to get my car and watch as I take a big hit to my wallet. :(

With that being said, fellas, I had a ball in spite of the car troubles. This weekend was supposed to be about fishing for me, and in spite of the little time I got, it was great (well the company was).

A big thanks goes to Hoss for sharing a seat in his boat. A gentleman indeed, and a riot to boot. Thanks Hoss, appreciate the trip and the offers for post fishing car support.

Markus, another huge thanks goes out to you and PL. Thanks for putting me up and listening to me whine about the station wagon. And as much for the offers of ongoing to support to get me back on the road again.

And FFF, what can I say. Martin stuck around to help me get what I need to get done on the car (well, as much as could be done). Martin stood out with me in the rain breaking our balls and freezing our fingers trying to get a belt back onto the car. Thanks again so much for the limo service and helping me out.

Now, back to fishing, lets see some more of those pics folks (but you can leave Ballerina Bill out) :evil: .

M.T. Livewell

(p.s. Markus, I will be back!!!)
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Ballarina Bill???

Lets see that!! Actually wouldn't be the first time..LOL
jazman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by jazman »

I am saving that one.... for the right moment :)
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

Great report, I love these group trips and the pics afterwards. Westmeath is only 3 weeks away!!!
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

Better to see Ballarina Bill then Tea Bag Bill!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Bobber
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bobber »

Absolutely Fantastic. What can I say.....I'm jealous! I want to go the next time. :lol:

I will build up some credits into the emotional bank account and we should be good for a couple days.
Rob Atkinson
Site Admin (retired)
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

A couple more pictures from the weekend.....

Here's Jammer 10 minutes into his 30 minute Carp battle...

ET's boat at the Queenston Docks on the Niagara. ET, BigO and MM on board...

And lets not forget Jammer's gizzard shad! :lol:
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Another great weekend for sure!

The lack of sleep and loads of laughs have taken their toll....I was zonked last night.... :lol: :lol:

Thanks again to Markus and Pink Lady for puttin up with us.....great hosts as always!

Who won at Poker?.....well Bass Pro did....as Jaz and I stopped in on the way home... :wink:

Watching Jammer battle that carp will probably one of my highlights for the year.....to give you an idea how long it was...Markus and Jaz were both able to relieve themselves over the side during the battle... :shock: :lol:

One thing that wasn't mentioned....that Monster Rockie....came on a Pinkie too!... :lol:

Great to meet a bunch of new faces.....hope to get out on the water with you again soon....

Great spending a few hours out in the boat with Jammer.....he does smile....usually as he's talking about himself in the 3rd person...."Jammer slams another one!!!!".... :lol: :lol: :lol:....man that was fun....

Highlights for those who were there....

The Viking....
Jammer would be starving if....
Wilson loved MM's sleepin bag...
Bret Micheals of Poison fishin at the outflow....

til next time....RJ
jammer
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by jammer »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :twisted:
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Great report Jazz

I felt like I was there.... oh yea I was :wink: fishing a side, this was a great trip, the company was fantastic, Eyetracker and Muskie Magnet are great traveling companions....even if they both are Maple leaf Fans :evil: , a BIG THANK-YOU TO MARCUS AND PINK LADY, for putting all of us up in your home, Pink Lady....you are one in a Million, to put up with the mess we left you on Sunday :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: as we ducked out for Breakfast! Thanks ET for buying every one Breakfast…. the Juice was good wasn’t it…sorry you didn’t order three eggs so you didn’t get any, any time you guys want to get together for another trip I’m in!!
The fishing was slow for sure , but when you are with so many great people…it doesn’t really matter, fishing is secondary. RRC I only wish you got a fish …..but you will, next trip, Steve …that really sucks about your Tackle…I hope the insurance helps out….and to the thief…..your time is coming…beware :evil: !!!!!!!!!!!!! It was great to see all the SW guys again and was great to meet some new ones…. Scooter…congrats a great deal for you’re down riggers 8) , thanks to Crash for lending me a Wrench to take off ET’s prop…to retrieve a few feet of power pro!!! I just can’t wait to do it again :D :D :D :D
Last edited by big-o on Mon Apr 25, 2005 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ladyfish
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Ladyfish »

:D :D Excellent report !

Looks like no matter what was tossed your way you guys had a blast :D

Congrats Jammer on your carp :shock:
skooter
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by skooter »

Markus wrote:I sure wish a few boats would have come back and tried erie with us. What a blast. SiverBass, Rock Bass, Carp, Sheepies, Shad, and of course the odd oos SM and LM. After drifting the Niagara all morning in that slow action, you'd be suprised how excited a guy gets when he hooks into a rockie! :lol:

That carp was something else. Great work Jammer. Light rod and 8lb test and a ton of patience was the key.

Good time guys. Can't wait to do it again.
Awsome report Jazz.... :D :D :D

Glad you guy's got into some, .... finally. :!: :!: :wink:

....Wish we'd have followed you down now, ....it was 50-50 for awhile, ....I think it was Hoover's first snore, ...that made up my mind, :lol: ....oh well, ...next time I'll know better...

Terrific pics, ...and some nice fish there, ....great carp jammer.... :wink:
fishforfun
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by fishforfun »

Nice fish Jammer, one for the team! MT hope it isn't too painful! We had a couple of hours on the water anyway, if Hoss wasn't so cold you and I would of stuck her out till dark LOL.
squig69
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by squig69 »

great report Jazzman! glad saturdays outing turned out better in the afternoon. i didnt know what you guys were doing or i would have joined yas, :cry: :cry: :cry: i thought you were packing it in. great meeting new faces and seeing some familiar ones again :) jammer what a horse you landed there!! thats friggin huge, guess your off to the ciroprator after lifting that one. cant wait to get out with you guys again. unfortunately i cant do westmeath :cry:

chris
Legend
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Well done

Post by Legend »

:) Well done lads. I'm impressed anytime someone turns a negative into a positive. :D

The weather was crap, but the fellowship was clearly worth the effort. It was great seeing the Ottawa lads as well as the South Westerners.
Jazman... Excellent Story! MT Gastank I hope you got that collectors piece running again... Jammer, I saw teeth in two pictures! :shock:

If I learned anything from this excursion... Bring all your gear when you go fish-hawkin', you'll never know what you'll end up doing. :D

Looking forward to Westmeath... We might get a few there huh... :D

:) Legend