Westmeath Adventure Weekend Reports & Pictures

Got a story? Tell us all about it. Your stories will be referenced from our main menu Community Stories section of Fish-Hawk.Net. Please include both text and pictures. Some of you love to write a great story and they deserve some attention...
RJ SR
Participant
Participant

Post by RJ SR »

Where do I start? You Hawker's are too much fun! :D I ate too much, (the food was excellent), I laughed too much, my sides are hurting, or maybe that was still from eating too much. I got to sleep in,(all the way to 5:30am, Thank you Big O) and I got to fish with my son, it just don't get any better!
I've got some people to thank like FH, Bobber, and RJ, for putting together such a well organized event, the Livewells, for taking the picture of RJ and me with our big one, and a very grateful THANK YOU to HOF, RUK, and BACON for coming to the rescue when my truck broke down. :oops: People like YOU show just what kind of people Fish Hawkers are. They are your best friends and they barely know you! Thanks again!
Can't wait to see you all again at Quinte
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

What a weekend!!!! Best fish-hawk trip to date!!! A big thanks to Legend and Skooter for taking me out in their boats, it was great to meet you guys.

I caught some fish, visited with new and old hawk-talkers, and ate lots (I started back on the weight loss plan today). How could I ask for anything more, except a bed with 4 legs!!

A big thanks to Big O for supplying the fish for the fish fry and to the cooks who agreed to fry fish for 4 hours non-stop!!!!

Also a big thanks to CB, RUK, and Misses Livewell for entertaining us with stories into the wee hours of the morning. Also thanks to MT for going to bed early on Friday night, so we could hear the stories about you.

All in all a great weekend, great job F-H, Bobber and RJ!!!!

JimW
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I agree with everyone who said this was the best FH Adventure ever, the accomidations were good the food was amazing! and the fishing was even better!!! I was disapointed not to get into a big walleye but was happy to catch lots of little ones. We started off thursday watching Nighttroller and Bucketmouth land cat after cat after cat while we only had a few nibbles :cry: Later in the day I finally broke the ice with a tiny oos pike that took a jig and worm. Friday started off with Ransome catching 2 small eyes and then I feel a bump, then weight, I set the hook and am fighting what I was hoping to be a big walleye but turned out to be a ling :roll: A first for me, later that afternoon I got my first couple channel cats and we ended up with a 6 specie day, including sauger, pike and smallies. It was a great time with lots of laughs and a BIG THANKS to all those who took the time to put this weekend together. Also thanks to RJ for catching all those fish for the fish fry :wink: and to Big-O, Topwater, and Duck Gunner for the feast of many fishes :D Finally, CONGRATS to Jazman for finally pinching the tail and holding on to win a big fish award, you're welcome for chuming the area with our minnows to attract that big girl in for you :roll: MM and HOF I am dying to see the pike shots!
Mr.J.
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Westmeath

Post by Mr.J. »

John wrote:
Legend wrote:See if you can fill in the blanks... "Hey, Mr J!" response:>"________!"
Great report Legend... i'm still laughing at Mr. J's response... too funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's not what he said but how he said it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I think everyone will agree, Mr.J. and alcohol mix about as well as oil and water and every evening around the campfire is pretty much a blur but I do remember this.

Quote "Good night Mr.J."

response ___________ :shock: :lol:
jig head
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by jig head »

These are some great reports and pictures, It looks like you guyss had a blast. :lol:

Awsome work everyone.
Northamfishing Tackle
Duck Gunner
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Westmeath...

Post by Duck Gunner »

Hello all...

Well first of all sorry for the lateness of my post.
A slip down the deck stairs Friday night and that pull out couch finally caught up with me. :( :( :(
Yesterday, my back was doing a pretzel routine.

Anyhow, hot water and drugs find me back at work this morning.
At least for a little while...

First of all, thank you for the thank yous for the fish fry.
It was my pleasure (and great fun!!!) to cook all that fish for you people.
(I can't believe it all got eaten!!!) :o :roll: :roll: :roll:
My personal thanks to Big-O and Topwater and the flashlight guys...
Also to those who came up with the extra boxes of batter mix and timely pints at the last minute.
I hope everyone got a taste of Big-O's dipping sauce!!!
My mouth is still watering just thinking of it!

This was my first FH Adventure Weekend.
And I must say I wondered about how a group of 50 would work but it was tremendous.
Got to meet a lot of Hawk Talkers, though please don't take offense if I introduce myself again in the future.
I've always been terrible at remembering names... :oops:
People always seem to remember my name for some reason...
I hope that's because of my charm and wit... :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to FH, Bobber, RJ et al for putting together such a great event.
The whole weekend was excellent!!!
First time I've done an event where the T-shirt fit me!!! Thanks guys!!!
The food was tremendous and plentiful...
I can't believe I sat in the Bobber dome for two hours when I could've been eating PIE in Cabin #2!!! :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I'm back on to the diet this morning...

Congrats to all those who caught PBs and new species.
Thanks to my cabinmates, Salmon and Dean.
I hope my deep bass rumblings didn't keep you awake too much.
I stayed out at the campfire as long as I could :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks to Bobber, MT, RUK, Bacon and Legend for the guitar playing.
My apologies if my wonky singing threw anybody off key. :oops: :roll: :roll:
To Misses Livewell for the interesting conversation/stories...
Bacon for the hilarity of it all...

Tallpaul it was good to meet you and nice to have company for the drive.
Let me know about Long Point.
I should have an empty seat.

Was wondering about Charleston in July but if there's still room, I'll be there!!!

DG. 8)

Oh by the way, "GOOD NIGHT MR. J!!!!" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Sry for the late reply all :oops: Do to unfortunate circumstances, I ended up with a real bad gum infection, that is now only allowing me out of my groggyness :evil:

Nopw, hats off to RJ, FH, and Bobber for making this trip one not to forget!!!!The food was great, we ate well for sure!!!

Everyone has already said what I would have, other than my BIGGEST THX TO MUSKIEMAGNET!!!!!!!!Bro thx a mill ofr havin me and HOF in your new and AWSOME ride!!!!!!!Could not have made it through without the "Little snooze on Fri" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes I had to partake in a small siesta in the bottom of MM's new ride :oops: :lol:

Fishin was great, and storeis for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng time!!!

Thx a mill once again :D :D :D :D

F.F
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

I had an amazing time!!!! I'm so thankful for this trip because I know some many great spots now to fish around my cottage. :D

Always a good time at a F-H adventure weekend. Huge thanks to everyone who helped organize this event! Great music, great laughs... awesome people! Oooh and amazing food!! I managed to make it home with a hand full of those brownies... mmm

I also have a new favourite pike bait thanks to Ed!! Mmmm... 9" sluggo!! 8)
Joe
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Thanks!

Post by Joe »

I just want to add one more big thanks to everyone who organized the event and all the fish-hawkers we met. I only wish we had more time to meet all who were there. We had a great time and learned a lot. A few more of these and I might even fish as well as my kid (I can dream).
Joey was so excited about his fish that he has registered and posted his own pics in the user gallery. Truely a great bunch of guys.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks!

Post by Fishhawk »

Joe wrote:I just want to add one more big thanks to everyone who organized the event and all the fish-hawkers we met. I only wish we had more time to meet all who were there. We had a great time and learned a lot. A few more of these and I might even fish as well as my kid (I can dream).
Joey was so excited about his fish that he has registered and posted his own pics in the user gallery. Truely a great bunch of guys.
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to thank everyone for coming out on this week-end. It was indeed a doozie considering there were 50 people there. But once again it just doesn't seem to matter when or who or where - when ya get a crowd of Hawk Talkers out for a week-end things just turn out to be a great time.

It also doesn't hurt to have things planned as well as RJ did. Nice work bud.

Here's a few pics I have managed to work on to add to this thread.

While Jazman managed to get the first fish from the docks, I think it was
this one that I caught that suddenly made half a dozen guys show up. Mr J
didn't leave the dock after this I don't think.

This pike was my best fish on the week-end - a 27 incher caught
on Friday. Black spinnerbait

Unbelievable. This is the definition of deja-vu for anyone who went to
the Lakeside Week-end in May 2004.

This is what it is all about for me. Fishing can make a person so happy.
It can also leave them crestfallen when they learn someone caught a
bigger pke the next day. Mr J - it was great seeing you catch that pike off
the dock.

And RJ on the dock - so much happened on that dock!

Once again - thanks goes to all who came out for the week-end and for making it as great a week-end as it was. It is always amazing when anglers get together.
Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"