Gamefisher. Aka sears boat infos?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Gamefisher. Aka sears boat infos?

Post by joco »

Just baught an old gamefisher sears 14 footer.

Looking to get infos on those
Where built?
Weight?
Years?
Etc

The top part is red

Some say made by alcan!!! It those say build in canada.

Infos on back plate
Model. H-14sl
Constructer,,,,,,harber mfg

Capacity
Max 15 kw

Tks
NMG
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Gamefisher. Aka sears boat infos?

Post by NMG »

Here you go!

http://www.harbertechnologies.com/about-us/

"In the late 1950’s the company utilized the knowledge of aluminum manufacturing to begin building “Feathercraft” aluminum boats for Fleet Aircraft. They eventually diversified into the company’s own line of “HarberCraft” boats which were sold throughout Canada as the exclusive provider under the Sears label. Aluminum boat production remained a significant part of the company’s operations until 1987. Between 1956 and 1994, the company produced over 110,000 aluminum boats, many of which are still in use today."

I'm not sure what happened during the late 80's and early 90's, but at some point after that, the brand name Harbercraft in Canada was associated with heavier gauge welded boats. I believe Harbercraft was actually the Canadian "arm" of a merger that occurred between them and Jetcraft boats in the US. Eventually, the Canadian operation was the only part left going, and that company developed into the Kingfisher line of boats that are still being produced today.

I remember seeing old Harbercraft car top boats at local dealers out in BC and they looked like carbon copies of the old Sears Gamefisher boats so I assume the "new" Harbercraft company was using the same plans, designs, etc.

Might be worthwhile to send an e-mail off to Kingfisher and see if they can help fill in some of the historical blanks?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Gamefisher. Aka sears boat infos?

Post by joco »

Good find. Tks