Suzuki 10w40 oil - Marine vs Motorcycle

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Wrexxer
Participant
Participant

Suzuki 10w40 oil - Marine vs Motorcycle

Post by Wrexxer »

Hey Guys,

A certified Suzuki dealer (That shall remain nameless for now) :oops: tells me that the motorcycle oil will work just fine in my DF140 and is the same as the Marine oil...I'm a little skeptical, however I can’t find any info that they are different…

I know the Motorcycle oil doesn’t mentioned “FC-W” but anyone have any info on this? I’m really having an issue finding 10W40 Marine grade oil…

thanks
If you ain't snagging...you ain't tryin
Wrexxer
Participant
Participant

Re: Suzuki 10w40 oil - Marine vs Motorcycle

Post by Wrexxer »

If any of you are running 10w40...what brand are you running and where are you getting it?

Thanks
If you ain't snagging...you ain't tryin
toned
Participant
Participant

Re: Suzuki 10w40 oil - Marine vs Motorcycle

Post by toned »

I was just told (by a boat dealer) to stick with marine 10w30's for my honda 4 stroke, and to avoid other non-marine motor oil since they contain agents that may be harmful...they said marine oil between companies is interchangeable too, so evinrude in my honda, or honda in the yammy, etc.

I've heard both sides of the argument, and honestly, I make the trip out to powersports to buy the Honda Marine oil...For the 1-2 oil changes I'll do a season, it's no biggie to go out there, and an extra 10$ to be on the 'safe' side is no biggie for me

opinions are like @$$holes...everyone has one and they all stink :lol: :lol: