Boat project, where can I buy marine vinyl?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
The Captain
Participant
Participant

Boat project, where can I buy marine vinyl?

Post by The Captain »

Have to replace the floor in my boat

I want to go the marine vinyl route instead of carpet, not sure who in town may sell it, any leads appreciated, already checked the Chandelry, no go.

Haven't started calling all the marinas yet, but doesn't seem like a standard marina item

thanks!
clint
Participant
Participant

Re: Boat project, where can I buy marine vinyl?

Post by clint »

it's not in town but I'm sure that west marine in kingston would have it and if not they would likely be able to order it for you.
http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... on+ontario
kickerfish
Participant
Participant

Post by kickerfish »

I just ordered bass boat carpet from Bassboatseats.com. They are based in the US, but I had mine shipped to the boarder and picked it up. Great people to deal with, shipping was quick and they are the best priced. They will mail out carpet and vinyl samples, to make your choice easier

http://www.boatcarpetbuys.com/
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Roblin »

I bought my vinyl at Custom Cover-ups 14 Bosley Road, Northbrook 613-336-9336, They carry some of the same product you'll find in the West Marine catalog but better price. I was very happy with their service.
creekchubb
Participant
Participant

Post by creekchubb »

Hey Captain,
I'm going to be starting a boat project of my own, and I'm completely new to this.
Did you have any luck with finding the marine vinyl? If so, how did things turn out? I'm hoping to find somewhere around Ottawa that stocks it, so that I can take a look and figure out my options.