Navionics+ : how's it workin' for you?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Alby
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Navionics+ : how's it workin' for you?

Post by Alby »

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Humminbird 858c and the new Navionics+ chip. This Navionics+ is supposed to allow you to choose what you want to download, kinda like customizing the chip contents.

Problem is: I can't get my chip to work properly.

Went through the registration process, then chose an area to download onto the chip. Seem to download fine, until I inserted the chip into the Humminbird Control Head. Seems the 858c can't "find" anything on the chip. Just kept saying "Looking for Charts". And when I reinserted and "explored" the chip through my computer, there aren't any files on the chip to be seen.

Called Navionics today, and they're pointing more toward the 858c reader, being unable to read their chip.

Anybody else buy this new Navionics+ chip? Any problems with your chartplotter "seeing" the contents of the chip?

Any help would be great. Thanks guys,

Bryan
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Navionics+ : how's it workin' for you?

Post by toobinator »

After our conversation yesterday I took one home and tried it out. After the registration process I downloaded a bunch of maps. Checked back and the chip had a bunch of files loaded on it. When I go to the store this morning I will check it on a unit and let you know how it looks.

Downloading the maps took about 15 minutes, even on hi-speed which surprised me somewhat. How long did yours take?

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Mike586
Participant
Participant

Post by Mike586 »

I bought the Navionics+ chip a couple weeks ago myself, and for me it works fine. But I'm on a 788Ci HD DI. Honestly I can't remember how long it took to download, but it was kind of long, but that's not the fault of my connection, things were slow on their end.

I'm pretty sure that when I loaded the maps, and configured the chip, that it asked what model I was setting it for. Might be possible that you got that wrong.
cabodirt
Participant
Participant

Post by cabodirt »

I've been posting the proplems that I have been having on an other thread however this one seems more appropriate. I have not been able to load my card at all. After a slow start Navionics has responded and we will see how it goes.
big_al_395
Participant
Participant

Post by big_al_395 »

I was having the same problem - wont load on my Lowrance Elite 5 Gold. And I bought the chip preloaded......

Any suggestions? Or should I call Navionics?
wallyandre
Participant
Participant

Post by wallyandre »

cabodirt
Participant
Participant

Post by cabodirt »

after trying a lot of different things working with their call lines I still was not able to load any maps and my case was elevated to a higher level of tech help. they wanted access to my computer witch I didn't feel comfortable with, anyway in the end they finally fixed their software and it finally works as it should.