Lowe Skorpion Bass Boat

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
banshee807
Participant
Participant

Lowe Skorpion Bass Boat

Post by banshee807 »

Hey all,

Thought I'd ask for some other opinions on Lowe's Skorpion Bass Package, essentially I sold off a basic Utility 15' last year and now am looking for another boat thats a bit of a step up. Was looking at the used market (and still am) but came across this package deal from Lowe and it seems pretty reasonable for this kind of setup with almost everything but the fish included. Wondering if anyone had any thoughts experiences.

http://www.loweboats.com/showroom/mod-v/skorpion-bass

Yes I know its a US website. I'll make a trip across the border, and/or one of the local canadian dealers is getting a quote for me next week to see the price difference.
Last edited by banshee807 on Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

NICE!

Love that set up. The Mod V will float in a puddle but the trade off is that it pounds the waves a little harder than a classic V boat, but not as bad as a full blown Jon Boat.

Cant go wrong with the price... and the Canuck Buck at or near par with the US... might be a perfect time to buy.

I would just make certain that the warranties are not affected by cross boarder transfers...

Max out the HP. Personally, with $ always being a factor... given the choice of a 20hp 4 Stroke or a 50HP 2 stroke for similar money, there would be no contest.

Let us know what you do, I would be curious about your cross boarder purchase experience.

Craig
Seabass81
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Seabass81 »

Nice looking boat. A heard that some of the Stingers and Scorpions had an issue with the front digging in while turning. This is only hear-say and not factual. Just thought I would let you know.
Mike M
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Mike M »

DON"T DO IT :shock:

You will be sorely disappointed in the performance with a 20HP. Just ask anyone who bought a Legend (like me) that had a great price but a 25 on the back. The boat performed fine with just me in it...but add a partner and you'll be lucky to get it on plane. By the time you reprice it with the 50 it should have, the price won't be so attractive.
RIVERKILLER
Participant
Participant

Post by RIVERKILLER »

I have heard the same thing about the Lowe's diving.....people forget that every boat has a max rating for max weight and if you underpower you end up spending the difference in gas and running the motor hard. I max every boat I buy now !!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

The HP concern, while a valid one, is not a game breaker!

Chances are you can get the boat with a 50hp for not a huge amount more of money. Again... IF you get a two stroke. If you go 4 stroke, likely in the $5 to $6K range!

Craig