Buying online from BassPro

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
solar
Participant
Participant

Buying online from BassPro

Post by solar »

Anyone have experience buying a large item like a trolling motor from Bass Pro online? With Cabelas, they tell you the full shipping and duty/taxes, but BP just indicates that the shipping (for a trolling motor) is $18.00, and that taxes get sorted out at this end. It also indicates that shipping charges may increase, but its not indicated how much they could increase.

So, if you have experience buying online with BP, could you reply and let me know how you found the shipping/duty costs?

Cheers,

Chris
Andy_L
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Buying online from BassPro

Post by Andy_L »

solar wrote:Anyone have experience buying a large item like a trolling motor from Bass Pro online? With Cabelas, they tell you the full shipping and duty/taxes, but BP just indicates that the shipping (for a trolling motor) is $18.00, and that taxes get sorted out at this end. It also indicates that shipping charges may increase, but its not indicated how much they could increase.

So, if you have experience buying online with BP, could you reply and let me know how you found the shipping/duty costs?

Cheers,

Chris
keep in mind that there is more than just taxes...you'll have brokerage fees, duty (depending on where its made), exchange...etc etc etc.
FishToLive
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by FishToLive »

To have less or no brokerage fees, make sure you get it shipped USPS.
Prairieboy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Prairieboy »

Try Cabelas Canada www.Cabelas.ca to avoid the additional duty and PST. They are pretty competitive for the big stuff.
solar
Participant
Participant

Post by solar »

Will do,

C
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Don't order online from Bass Pro, call them directly, they will give you the quote for the shipping and duty and the GST.

If you wanted to go the I-Pilot route as well, Bass Pro had the best deal when I was shopping 2 months ago. $1006 delivered to my door step, taxes, duty, exchange included for a Minn Kota Power Drive V2 with I-Pilot.

When I priced Cabelas, they wanted 150 bucks for shipping due to the size of my package.
rodbreaker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by rodbreaker »

Just call the Toronto store direct,buy on the phone via credit card.Thats what i did.
Dirty....mean....mighty unclean.
riverdog
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by riverdog »

I'm not sure where you live but Canadain Tire Kingston is pretty competive and don't forget the CT $ coming back! On a purchase of $790.00 I got $77.65 back in CC money which is always good. Should check with them as they price match also.
solar
Participant
Participant

Post by solar »

Good point about CT, and I do buy quite a bit of lures. etc there.