Am I missing something???....new fuel line

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Am I missing something???....new fuel line

Post by gonefishin »

Hi Everyone,

I just noticed that my fueline (from tank to motor) had a small hole near the fitting so I bought a new fule line today. The line only fits one way however when I squeeze the primer bulb it doesn't fill with fuel. Am I missing something?. Did I get e defective line?. The fittings seems to be exactly the same as the ones on the old fule line and it only fits one way. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks
mdej
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by mdej »

Sounds like you have the fuel line installed backwards. Make sure the arrow on the primer bulb points towards the engine.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

mdej wrote:Sounds like you have the fuel line installed backwards. Make sure the arrow on the primer bulb points towards the engine.
I thought so to at first however the fittings only fit one way so it is impossible to hook it up incorrectly (good thing for me ..haha). I think the fule line is actually to big. I will verify this with the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks for the reply.
Aube
Participant
Participant

Post by Aube »

I recently changed the bulb on mine and couldn't get it to prime, found a forum that mentioned some of the newer bulbs need the arrow pointing up(towards the sky) to prime. I went out, held it vertical and two pumps later it was primed.
gonefishin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by gonefishin »

Xcal165 wrote:I recently changed the bulb on mine and couldn't get it to prime, found a forum that mentioned some of the newer bulbs need the arrow pointing up(towards the sky) to prime. I went out, held it vertical and two pumps later it was primed.

I will give that a try!!!..thanks for the info.
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

it should say when you buy what motor the fuel line will fit. Just make sure the line that is shorter from the bulb is the one to the tank.

orrsey