Thanks to Mikemicropterus

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Thanks to Mikemicropterus

Post by SkeeterJohn »

I'd like to thank Mike for taking a look at my motor the other day and finding the problem that's been causing me grief for the past couple of weeks.

It turned out to be a strange problem, a break in the main negative wire running to my main motor. Other dealers had quoted me over $1000 for parts that were simply not required. I don't mind paying for work but not for things that don't need doing.

Thanks again mike for pin pointing the problem and fixing it. Not only that but explaining what you were doing as you tested and worked on my motor. That's something you never get from a marina so you never gain an understanding of what caused the problem to begin with.

Thanks again !

:D
Sportspal
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Sportspal »

I'll second that.
Mike is a real stand up guy. Its not easy finding someone who enjoys what they do, knows their stuff, and is willing to not only show you what they are doing, but bill you appropriately, and make you buy parts that aren't needed.
OBD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by OBD »

Kudos to Mike! He's always the number one source I go to if I get an engine problem. Keep up the great work
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

I will second skeeterJohn's post. also had starter problems recently , I had a bold that had snapped which was holding my starter in place. the first place I took it I brought it in and showed the guy what was wrong. You could clearly see where it had snapped. This guy told me that he didnt need to replace that bolt but instead put a smaller one in in a different place and it would be fine. He told me that it had happened before because there were markings of where someone had previously drilled that same bolt out. He also stated that he couldn't drill it out because it would probably just do the same thing again. So I took his word for it and got it done. Second time out on the water after this starter goes again....and again im trolling back to the launch. This time I took everyones advice and brought it to Mike. When I got there I showed him and he took the time, like John, said to explain the process of what needed to be done. I picked it up the other day and again he explained what he did and not only did he fix the motor so it would start he fixed the problem that was causing it to happen. That is hard to find today considering how busy marine mechanics are generally from my experience they will fix your motor but don't take the time to figure what the cause is because they are so concerned with "bringing them in getting them out" No only did he fix the problem that I had but also checked the whole motor over and informed me of a small leak in a fuel line, checked the water pump, temp, greased the motor etc...But it doesn't stop there he even made some trailer adjustments and put a new pin in my trailer jack. This service is unheard of and very appreciated. Something I have never gotten from a marina.

Thanks Mike

p.s. I have had it out twice since then and its starting like new. And I tried a couple of those spots on the river we talked about and did alright...thanks for that too :D

Blake
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Hey Skeeter John

you got it right. I'm also a fan of Mike's. Mike got my motor running great and took the time to explain how to keep it running that way.

ML-S Small Engine Repair
1558 Richmond Rd
613-284-2761

Billy Bones
Billy Bones
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Billy Bones »

Hey Skeeter John

you got it right. I'm also a fan of Mike's. Mike got my motor running great and took the time to explain how to keep it running that way.

ML-S Small Engine Repair
1558 Richmond Rd
613-284-2761

Billy Bones