Speeditwin

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Speeditwin

Post by something_fishy »

Anyone ever heard of this motor, it is a 28hp evinrude Speeditwin, any input would be appreciated :wink:
Also, any idea where I could get a manual online?

Chris
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Speeditwin

Post by CNs »

something_fishy wrote:Anyone ever heard of this motor, it is a 28hp evinrude Speeditwin, any input would be appreciated :wink:
Also, any idea where I could get a manual online?

Chris
Did you at least try to do a search on line? use google

I did found 693 references to it and found places which have manuals

now you try
something_fishy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

???

Post by something_fishy »

That's very nice that you know how to use the internet, but did you really need to reply to this thread with nothing useful to say??
I did not ask people to look for me, I was merely hoping that someone knew of this motor and might know offhand of a site that had lots of info on it.
I do know how to search and I did search and all I am coming up with are small references to it, I did find manuals online, but I was hoping for something downloadable as I have found these types of manuals before.
If shooting off at someone in an attempt to make yourself look superior is your goal, you are sadly on the wrong forum.
I am sorry, but I just hate seeing people respond with useless insults to a thread just for the sake of seeing their own response.

Anyone else with "useful" information is welcome to respond if you have it, this is not a request to look for me, only respond if you are skilled in the ways of intelligence.

Chris :wink:
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: ???

Post by CNs »

something_fishy wrote:That's very nice that you know how to use the internet, but did you really need to reply to this thread with nothing useful to say??
I did not ask people to look for me, I was merely hoping that someone knew of this motor and might know offhand of a site that had lots of info on it.
I do know how to search and I did search and all I am coming up with are small references to it, I did find manuals online, but I was hoping for something downloadable as I have found these types of manuals before.
If shooting off at someone in an attempt to make yourself look superior is your goal, you are sadly on the wrong forum.
I am sorry, but I just hate seeing people respond with useless insults to a thread just for the sake of seeing their own response.

Anyone else with "useful" information is welcome to respond if you have it, this is not a request to look for me, only respond if you are skilled in the ways of intelligence.

Chris :wink:
Wow must of hit a nerve!
Wallyboss
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Wallyboss »

Geez I was going to try to find info but I wouldn't want to get the same treatment as Normware????????
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

JMHO but Normware deserved that
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

Mick wrote:JMHO but Normware deserved that

I am more than willing to help but you must first help yourself. If Chris had at least mentioned that he did a search and did not find what he was looking for, then maybe.

and lets review how he asked for help.

1) he did not give a model number
2) no year of manufacture. Motor names are re-used often so the year they were made is important. The speeditwin i think was made from 1928 to 1932
if this is the case why would you even look at to use daily?
3) is the motor in working condition? if it needs repair whats not right with it.

Did I deserve the petulant response? Well Mick its your opinion and you are definitely entitled to it. Just as Chris is entitled to his. and guess what just as I am entitled to mine.

Reality is he has come on more than once asking for help without saying what if any research he has done.

All I wanted was for Chris to show what he has done first before resorting to a blanket request for help.

It is really no different from anyone asking for fishing hotspots with out putting the time to find their own.
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

Buy a new motor :lol: it's probably easier to find a manual for one that was made within the past 20 years :lol: :lol:

Like norm says requests are fine but without much detail what's the point.

It's a bit like asking for a manual for a gm truck... which one etc !?! :roll:

I guess at least he's not asking where to fish for gar :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: