question for everyone?

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
G-loomis
Participant
Participant

question for everyone?

Post by G-loomis »

there is this boat a little ways down the road and saw it sitting there for about 4 years now and it has a ripped tarp over it I would like to go over to the house to see if it is for free but I do not know what to say.
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

I would start with a spy mission. Got any teenagers? Send them over in the dark armed with a camera to take a few shots before inconveniencing yourself.
8)

MT
Lunker Larry
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Lunker Larry »

Had a buddy get a great deal on a boat doing what you're planning. He saw a boat that was overgrown and neglected sitting in a yard. Knocked on the door, mentioned the lack of use on the boat and asked if they were interested in selling. Turned out the owner had passed away and the boat was just forgotten about so it never hurts to ask. They can only say no.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I've been watching one too! LOL. I'll ask in the spring. Let us know how you do!
G-loomis
Participant
Participant

Post by G-loomis »

thanks everyone I myself am 16 so I think I will sneek over there and take a few shots, thanks for the advice.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

G-loomis wrote:thanks everyone I myself am 16 so I think I will sneek over there and take a few shots, thanks for the advice.

Not a good idea, The sneaking part. If you ar there just knock on the door, Dress properly - not like a gangsta :D Be polite and ask abput the boat.

When the door is opened introduce yourself ,
Tell the person your name and why you are knocking on their door.

As in :

Hellom ny name is ......
I have going past your house and I say your boat sitting out on the yard.

Would it be for sale? If so what are you looking for?

Just an idea. They may just wnt to get rid of it.

Some things to be aware of.

1) is the trailer plated? (license plated)
2) are the tires flat on the trailer
3) when was the motor last turned over.
4) if they are glad to get rid of it ( i.e. no money) don't be too picky about its condition
Steve G
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Steve G »

G-Loomis,

GET OUT OF MY BACK YARD!!! :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If you need help, let me know, I just bought my first, last spring.

Oh, I know the boat you are talking about, bow rider, maybe 14'. on Cathiness... nice :wink:
Joe O'D
Participant
Participant

Post by Joe O'D »

I'd say go ahead: present yourself respectably and do the decent thing, ask if it's for SALE and if so, see if you can reach a mutually acceptable price. No harm in asking, BUT, if you came to my door and asked if you could have it for free, I'd tell you to F*** Off out of principle. Just my 2 cents, Joe O'D
G-loomis
Participant
Participant

Post by G-loomis »

hey Steve G, ya that's the boat :D it looks like it has not been used for a long time little bit of junk in it and the tarp over it is ripped to crap. :( .

And NORMWARE I do not dress like a gansta I am not one of those punks that go around town on a skate board. I am just a fishing adict.
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

G-loomis wrote:
And NORMWARE I do not dress like a gansta I am not one of those punks that go around town on a skate board. I am just a fishing adict.
Did not mean to imply that you were a "punk" or a gangsta but current fashion tends to be hip hop style.
G-loomis
Participant
Participant

Post by G-loomis »

no problem NORMWARE
G-loomis
Participant
Participant

Post by G-loomis »

Hey Steve G, do you know anyone in Caledonia that is hiring I can't find a job, I tried Canadian Tire, Wiggies, Home Hardware, Zerhs, but can't find one :cry: