handle assembly for 1993 Mercury outboard/135hp

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
(Big Bass Daddy)
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

handle assembly for 1993 Mercury outboard/135hp

Post by (Big Bass Daddy) »

Hi everyone I’m looking for the following part for my outboard engine and I thought I’d post here.

I have a 1993 Mercury Black Max outboard engine on my bass boat and I’m looking for the following part number “14” As you can see from the drawing it’s the handle that is used to secure the top of the cover on the motor. It’s called a “Handle Assembly Port”.

I was wondering if you had any old ones kicking around or maybe you can recommend a location where I could find one. According to the marina that is working on my boat they said that this part is no longer available through Mercury , so I thought perhaps there would be a shop or a place where they have older parts available.

Below is a web site that I found that has a diagram of the motor that identifies the part I’m looking for. It’s part number 14.

http://www.crowleymarine.com/index.cfm? ... ids=556_20

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BBD
8) 8)
Raminator
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Raminator »

try dave at aim outboards 831-1246 merc rebuild machine shop ,......that was a popular merc/mariner clam shell design.
(Big Bass Daddy)
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

10-4

Post by (Big Bass Daddy) »

Thank you. i just gave them a call, so now all I have to do is wait and see if they can find it. :lol:

Many thanks!!!

BBD 8) 8) 8)