Transducer cable

Anything and everything related to boating, motors, and electronic equipment. Find out the answers to your questions here.
Farmer
Participant
Participant

Transducer cable

Post by Farmer »

Well I bought the boat, a 176 princecraft . I had two locaters installed front and back. The dealer installed the front one incorrectly on the minkota power drive. He tried to run the power cable tied to the shaft of the motor. This caused the power cable to become frayed and it has metal wires showing. Is there an easy fix? I don't want to drive 370 miles to fix something that is easy.
thanks
farmer :?:
Méchant Malade
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Méchant Malade »

That may content a part of you're answer:
http://www.airmartechnology.com/uploads ... %20r01.pdf
gkehoe
Participant
Participant

176FnP Trolling Motor

Post by gkehoe »

Farmer,

Can't help you with your question but I have one of my own for you. I bought a Princecraft 176FnP late last summer and want to put a trolling motor on the bow this spring.

What thrust do you currently use? Would a 55 be OK for the 176? I am receiving conflicting opinions, some say go to an 80. I don't want to water ski with the motor, just want it to get me around for a few hours.

With the carpeted bow, did you have to use two plates or one, if 1 do you find your plate tourques or twists?

Thanks in advance for your time to respond.

GK
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

If you know of anyone who is into electronics or instrumentation they should be able to fix you up. I have had a few fixed (yes I have cut mine more than once :roll: ) and if they are even remotely good with electronics your transduceuer should work fine. All they will do is splice it and it will be good to go.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Gary
I have a 17 foot smokercraft milentia 172, roughly the same size as your 176. I have a 55 lb thrust bow mount on my boat and it is fine, I have no problem getting around with it at all. I even occasionnally troll with it.

Mick