Has anyone fished Waba Creek?

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
SalvelinusFontinalis
Participant
Participant

Has anyone fished Waba Creek?

Post by SalvelinusFontinalis »

I've drove past Waba Creek multiple times and never had the chance to fish it. It looks like it would be a good place to fish for potential coldwater species but I never tested the temperature etc. I assume that since it begins as the outlet of White Lake that it contains most of the warm water species and now trout? If anyone has fished it I'd love to know what you caught and if it was worth fishing.

Thanks So Much!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Has anyone fished Waba Creek?

Post by smitty55 »

Never heard of trout in Waba creek. It does look nice in spots though. Never fished it.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
SalvelinusFontinalis
Participant
Participant

Re: Has anyone fished Waba Creek?

Post by SalvelinusFontinalis »

I made a typo, I wasn't suggesting there was now trout in it. lI was just wondering, and you answered my question. I agree it does look nice in sections, but the fact it begins at White Lake, probably makes it useless for stocking due to all the predators that would be in the creek. Still would be interesting to know of peoples experiences fishing it...Someone on fish-hawk probably has fished it, it's just finding them and getting them to post that is the problem lol. Anyhow, thanks for the reply :)