Proposition! Looking to Rent a Fly Rod

A different type of fishing that has seen rewards been reaped by many. This forum allows us to learn more about Float and Fly fishing from those who have made it their number 1 way to fish.
worm31
Participant
Participant

Proposition! Looking to Rent a Fly Rod

Post by worm31 »

Aloha fellow fly fishermen,

Heading to Nanaimo for a week July.22 on a Salmon trip. Being a fly-freak I thought I'd try my hand at coastal fly fishing low tides.

However, I could not justify buying a 8-10wt rod just for the trip, I do almost all my fly flinging with a 5wt.

Sure it would of made for a good excuse for a new toy, but after some pondering I thought I'd ask the fish-hawk fly community because I will not being dealing with an outfitter while there.

Before I tell you what I'm looking for keep in mind my 5wt, either an orvis access or T&T Helix will be used as collateral to avoid any trust issues, (Will still need one for trout) as I understand it can be difficult in this day and age, especially with our cherished fly rods, in addition to any conditions you may have(eg. price for rental)

Here's what I'm after: single handed/switch 8wt-10wt, 9ft-10ft rod with a fly line that can be chucked a mile. Shooting head/sink tip doesn't matter.

If interested contact me with what your willing to part with for a week with your price to rent.

Rod will be picked up July. 21 and promptly returned when I return July. 30. Or whatever is convenient for you. You have my word.

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Tight fly lines

Ian
Roblin
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Proposition! Looking to Rent a Fly Rod

Post by Roblin »

Isn't renting a guy's fly rod like renting his wife? You can look but don't touch.
MLR
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by MLR »

Roblin wrote:Isn't renting a guy's fly rod like renting his wife? You can look but don't touch.
worm31
Participant
Participant

Post by worm31 »

For those of you who are more adventurous, shall we swing?
Jigs
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Jigs »

I have an 8ft., 7/8 wt. Martin , rod only, which I'll trade for a 5 wt. of similar quality..........nothing fancy but in good shape.

Sorry, no spare reel, or the type of line you mentioned.

Kindly send a PM if you are interested.

cheers.
Streamside88
Participant
Participant

Post by Streamside88 »

you can buy a fly rod combo(7/8wt) for 40-60$ at Canadian tire and other outdoor stores.... there not the greatest but if you don't use it very often then might be a better option....
SalvelinusFontinalis
Participant
Participant

Post by SalvelinusFontinalis »

Roblin wrote:Isn't renting a guy's fly rod like renting his wife? You can look but don't touch.
That's a good analogy! lol...Renting his wife! :P Good one : haha
ganman
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by ganman »

SalvelinusFontinalis wrote:
That's a good analogy! lol...Renting his wife! :P Good one : haha
If you follow that analogy further then there must be "bad" rods that you can rent and of course there are a lot of weirdo's out there...so there are probably guys who like to swap rods and other guys who like watching other guys fishing with there rods. Don't give up you may find such a fellow...but he'll want to see the pictures.