FH closing March 1st ???

Viewable only by Admins and selected Moderators. Simply move any questionable posts from the forums into here, which no one else can see, and I'll deal with it when I get a chance to.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

FH closing March 1st ???

Post by TheMaverick »

Every morning, as I come in to work, I brew myself up a warm cup of coffee in the employees kitchen, and make my way back to my cubicle.
As I’m one of the first to arrive, I can discretely login to a few forums and browse a few post.

Needless to say, and regardless of my ups and downs (i can think of quite a few lol), Fish-Hawk has been part of my daily routine since I can remember.
As I’m sure this pertains to many members, I’ve had the pleasure of meeting, greeting and bonding friendships that will bloom as time wears on.

For one, I wouldn’t have a severe addiction qualifying me as a TackleHoe if a had not landed on Biggs posts….
Although I hopped I’d never see Craig in a panda shirt, it still happened….
I would also have no clue McDonalds is bad for your health….
I wouldn’t have greatly expanded my knowledge of bird pics if it wasn’t for Paul…
And I wouldn’t excessively manipulate the intentional omission of a word with a series of dots more commonly known as “Ellipsis”.

Long post short, it’s greatly appreciated, that the mystical, metaphorical lost art, of local forums still reside amongst the vast choice of today’s social media.

Peace out peeps! 8)
Last edited by TheMaverick on Sat Jan 31, 2015 1:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: There's no place like home!

Post by fishin mission »

ShawnD
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by ShawnD »

Nicely said Marc Antoine and wouldn't you know it ! You're #1 Fan replied so quickly to your post. :lol:

No there really is no place like it.
Shore fishing tips, guys going out together, a community really coming together and sharing a passion we all love.

Lot's of arguing, but everyone one has an opinion and we live in a great country where it is your right to express it!
No lashings here!!! :evil:

I've met a lot of people thanks to this site, people I can honestly call friends and though I frequent other sites FH is one of my favorite.

;)
President of the Ottawa Valley South Bassmasters
http://www.ottawabassmasters.com/
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Fish-Hawk has been part of my routine for many years as well. When I first started creeping the site, I got a kick out of Paul's Bird pics in random threads and Craig's strange ways of dealing with things. The 1 tonne press threads were hilarious and the sunfire expeditions were priceless.

Then there was that one scrawny tattood guy who always ended up catching monster bass!!! These reports are few and far between but Kevin, I still look forward to the posts when you do make them.

It took me almost a year to join as I really didn't have much to contribute. I was just learning to bass fish and I had just bought my first boat but once there was something I knew a little bit about on here, I decided to join. It was a post about how to properly anchor your boat and I had just read an article on how to use a rope and a 6 foot chain to your advantage.

Since that time, I have met quite a few great friends and even managed to get back in touch with my best friend from elementary school.

Needless to say, my circle of friends would not be what it is today if not for this site. I also really enjoy how local the content here is compared to other forums I go to.

I would also not be a tacklehoe if it wasn't for Biggs. I also would never have had the chance to fish against RJ and Chevy on a Wednesday night.

Yes, things can get heated and sometimes a little out of line, but in the end everyone seems to contribute and make this site better.

Here is to fish hawk!

Adam
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

Joined this forum in 2009 and now with over 1000 post it has become my second home...... some good friends were made on here and good times had ,,,,learned a lot from this forum and will continue to learn and contribute as much as i can ....i have made some special friends on here....notice i said special lol ,,,,my buddy MAV my buddy Tzar my buddy Shawn D my buddy lappe 0019 and lots of others not to mention ......you guys are like brothers to me !! :shock: :shock: hope the brotherly love never ends!!
Anyone want to go fishing! Tomorrow is going to be a nice day -15 and cold just perfect weather for fishing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

fishin mission wrote:Joined this forum in 2009 and now with over 1000 post it has become my second home...... some good friends were made on here and good times had ,,,,learned a lot from this forum and will continue to learn and contribute as much as i can ....i have made some special friends on here....notice i said special lol ,,,,my buddy MAV my buddy Tzar my buddy Shawn D my buddy lappe 0019 and lots of others not to mention ......you guys are like brothers to me !! :shock: :shock: hope the brotherly love never ends!!
Anyone want to go fishing! Tomorrow is going to be a nice day -15 and cold just perfect weather for fishing. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Sorry Dano, I have to wash my hair :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

ya those kooties can be itchy sometimes Lape!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oneeleven
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Oneeleven »

I've not even been on here a year yet. But already this site is a staple for me that I check pretty much every day. (so much so I catch myself calling it Facehawk :shock: ) And now a little bit more obsessively so I don't let the next deal on a rod or reel slip out of my hands!

Met lots of great people in person off here, and talked to many others that I've yet to meet. So partially, thanks to this site, now my fishin' addiction is in full force.

I can honestly say that Fishhawk has changed my life... :bow-yellow:

And the bit-o-drama (I joined right when the Smitty - Team 28 thread was created.... :lol: ) is entertaining as long as it doesn't all go off the rails.. :wink:
biggs
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by biggs »

So am I the tackle pimp? :D

Although I bet most have nicer gear than me.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Lot's of views, very little replies!
Don't be shy to chime in on this one....we shouldn't take Fish-Hawk for granted! :wink:
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Finally ..... Something from you that made me crack a smile. :lol:
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
StarTzar
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by StarTzar »

Oneeleven wrote:
And the bit-o-drama (I joined right when the Smitty - Team 28 thread was created.... :lol: ) is entertaining as long as it doesn't all go off the rails.. :wink:

That was my favorite thread.

When I first joined FishHawk, it was to sell fishing equipment and the very first sale I did was to Smitty.
He was still working back then and I remember meeting him in the parking lot where he used to work.
When I got there he made me wait as he was dealing with someone that was selling a PickUp truck.

If memory serves, I do believe that he had purchased my Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5600.
I often wonder if he still has that reel?
BAA - 2016 Team 18 (10 shy of 28)
Renegade Bass - 2013 Team 67 - 2014 Team 28 - 2015 Team 51
BAA (Great organization) 2011 and 2012 Team 7
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

StarTzar wrote:
Oneeleven wrote:

That was my favorite thread.

When I first joined FishHawk, it was to sell fishing equipment and the very first sale I did was to Smitty.
He was still working back then and I remember meeting him in the parking lot where he used to work.
When I got there he made me wait as he was dealing with someone that was selling a PickUp truck.

If memory serves, I do believe that he had purchased my Abu Garcia Ambassadeur 5600.
I often wonder if he still has that reel?
You also sold him a Curado B, Bantam edition (The green machine), at least that's the 2 reels we had brought that day.
Now if only Dano or Jimmy would consider a JDM Daiwa..... :lol: :shock: :wink:
fishin mission
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by fishin mission »

It's about time you smile you grumpy old POOP :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry I don't bait cast !! and never want to !!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

fishin mission wrote:

It's about time you smile you grumpy old POOP :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
OMG! I'm not ashamed to say it....I literally laughed out loud at this one! :D