Pigeon Lake

The Fishing Map Project comes alive in Hawk Talk. This project features various bodies of water in the province of Ontario, which can be downloaded here, and used to find some potential honey holes.
Fishhawk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pigeon Lake

Post by Fishhawk »

Lake Description:
Pigeon Lake is one of the Kawartha Lakes and also part of the Trent Severn Canal System that extends from the Bay of Quinte on Lake Ontario to Georgian Bay on Lake Huron, a distance of 386 kms (as the fish swims). I know there are smallmouth bass, largemouth bass, walleye (pickerel), and muskie in this lake. Send me an email to tell me where to look for the fish based on the grid I have placed over the lake.

Species:
Everything - this lake has it all - muskie, pike, walleye, largemouth and smallmouth.

Getting There:
From Toronto Take 401 East to Newcastle and then HWY 35/115 north. Take Rt 10 north.

Launch:
-Fee's Landing Marina - in the south end of Pigeon Lake
-Gannon's Narrows Marina - in Gannons Narrows about half way up the east side of the lake.
-Sunset Marina - at the North end of Pigeon Lake in Nogies Creek Bay.

Dave says "dont forget front steet by the marina is also a public launch to pigeon front west to sturgeon.

More Info From Scugog.Net, http://www.scugog-net.com/kfa/k-pigeon.html on Pigeon lake such as species of tress and flora, size and average depth of the lake etc

Have you fished this body of water? If so, tell us how you did and where you had success.

Fishhawk
"gotta run like a madman bye thanks see ya good luck"
Trophymuskie
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Trophymuskie »

Ok here is the deal I am going to give away two good muskie spots but if you want to know my honey hole it's going to cost you big. There is one square on that grid that I can spend all my time on that lake and catch 10 to 20 muskies on any given week-end.

In the back channel in grid I-4 and H-4 good trolling right down the middle deep spot at 7-10 feet as well as casting the island side in and around the weeds.

In between the red rock island and shore in grid E-4 there is a good hump that holds big fish.

Good luck out there.
Catch and release them all
Richard Collin
Rozack
Participant
Participant

Good muskie area on Pigeon Lake

Post by Rozack »

The Reeds north of Grenadier Island Area O-4 and N-4. Caught a couple
of Muskies there and raised a couple more. Also alot of locals fish the
area with bait all day. :D

Post by Guest »

tool and would like to see it expanded. I'm about to
head out to pigeon lake and try some of the suggested
spots for muskies.

About three weeks ago I was fishing near D-3 on the
map, at "oliver's point" and also, about 20 meters in
from the shore of the small bay just north of that
point. I caught sever big smallmouth bass, and had perch
practically jumping into the boat on a simple floating
rig. Lots of panfish which would be fun for
fisherpeople of any age.

If you have a family or people who easily get bored fishing, or kids who just lack the strength and experience of reeling in a big muskie, give this spot a try.

I'll try the spot again and some other locales and let
you know next week if I discover anything new.

Thanks for the site
TP
skippy
Participant
Participant

50inch muskie

Post by skippy »

7am start to troll 702am and bang muskie on 703 am muskie gone my 9yrold lost our first fish 730 am bang second fish on ,boated, picture taken and released( 40inchmuskie )next day 7am 702 am and bang second muskie on and my 9yr old brings up a submarine ( 50inch muskie ) the lure of choice 12"black and gold jake. note:muskie are dangerous fish to have in the boat ,it thrashhard and sent the hooks into my finger nail,and bit me as i tried to remove net from teeth ouch ! after a quick picture and in the water it went, it swam away quickley which is a good signthese fish were caught in section e4 just out front of red rock .ps great muskie lake
GOFISH666
Participant
Participant

Post by GOFISH666 »

:D Just a reply to Skippy
I'm new on the chat board (what a great idea Thx. FISHHAWK).I have fished Pigeon Lake for some years with many very successful outings.
E4 below Roetzel Island can be very good fishing as well. Stay within casting distance of shore,cast to shore and wind in fast and hang on because when they hit they hit hard.Depth of the water is about 6 to 8 feet right at shore dropping into 27 to 28 feet with a nice weedbed of mostly cabbage weed.Be careful at H4 the bottom all of a sudden rises to 2 to 3 feet and full of stone and stumps.A a guy I use to fish with caught a very nice "ski" in X2 off of Fee's Landing along a weed edge in the channel.This fish measured out to 54 1/2" and was a wallmount of a life time.I have caught many "skis" while flipping docks for Largemouth Bass what a rush, that is having a ski scream out from under a dock inhale your flipping jig and keep on going. Most of my fishing for skis is done with large spinnerbaits. :wink: :wink:
muskymuskymusky
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

best spot on the lake......

Post by muskymuskymusky »

The best spot on this lake is at D 5 There is a hump that comes up from 25 feet to 4 feet The spot is located almost exactly where the O is in Lancasters POINT. Smart fish though had so many follows it almost hurts to go there. Srry if i gave away your spot.( MUSKY AND SMALLIES ALIKE.)
matou
Participant
Participant

SOME SUCCESS

Post by matou »

a few weeks ago, i took an 11 yr old to Emily Provincial park.

The boy had never caught a fish before, so to get him into it, we were in search of perch, and sunfish. within about 6-7 hours fishing, we caught about 80-90 panfish.

We were just using a worm on a hook, dropped over the side of the boat, but what made it worthwhile was the 2lb bass, and 19 inch walleye we caught as well, again with just a worm and a hook, a foot off bottom.

location was Y1, just north of the bridge, and out in front of the lily pads in about 10 feet of water.
woodmister
Participant
Participant

Headed for Pigeon Lake 9/26/08

Post by woodmister »

I am headed for Pigeon lake this weekend for a week of fun. Staying at Sugar Bush cottages. Any suggestions on lures, areas, depth etc.?
Time short just found this site. I wish I had found it sooner. I hope I am not breaking and taboo. Please send info to thewoodcraftsman@hotmail.com
Johnny G
Participant
Participant

Post by Johnny G »

The best spot on Pigeon is in the busiest part of the lake , right smack dab in the middle of Gannons Narrows. The secret is to fish it at night or wait until fall. Find the greenest weed you can and throw muskie size lures in 6-8 ft of water. This is a busy stretch so be careful of boat traffic. It really is an awesome spot once the summer crowd is gone! I caught a 23inch, 6lb.2oz smallmouth there and raised way too many muskies. The weedline dropping to 20 ft in the back channel to the east of Big Island is also good for monster carp and muskie as well. Check out the boys at Happy Days Houseboats for the spring opener, you will be impressed.I would however like better luck at locating summer walleye. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Carp imitating baits in gold /black-orange-gold are magic!!!

Good Luck

Johnny G
Fish-hunter
Participant
Participant

smallmouth

Post by Fish-hunter »

The west shore of big island on Pigeon lake is a good stop for smallies, Around dead horse island and up, Lots of hiding stops for fish to ambush their prey, watchout for rocks! they come out of no where?
fishfanatic
Participant
Participant

Pigeon Lake Walleye

Post by fishfanatic »

H-2, I-2, I-3, weeds=walleye, that's all i am going to say for now!! :lol:
igorart7
Participant
Participant

Post by igorart7 »

What would be the best area to try over long weekend coming in September or August 30 weekend?
marrydavidson101
Participant
Participant

Post by marrydavidson101 »

thanks for sharing this with us
fishfanatic
Participant
Participant

pigeon Lake

Post by fishfanatic »

Marry,

Are you planning on fishing this area? Let us know how you do!

TIGHT LINES