How did you find Fish-Hawk?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rideaufish
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

How did you find Fish-Hawk?

Post by Rideaufish »

Wow in just over 1 year the membership more than doubled from 502 to over 1200. I found FH looking for maps for the Big Rideau like a year or so before I found hawktalk, then lurked for a while then joined. I havent looked back. I dont get out as much as I would like so I live through those of you who do. I have found a lot of great tips and tricks and after Caigers some friends. Well more like 1200 or so friends some I havent met yet.
Fishing Freak
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Fishing Freak »

I too had been looking for maps, when I found this site. I lurked for a bit, to see how people treated each other. I find this board is like having alot of brothers and sisters, a few disagreements but no fights. I'm Glad I found it.
I'd like to Thank everyone involved in making this board, the best Fishing Board on the web.
Gord
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by Gord »

Slushpuppy and I first discoverd FH at the Carp Fishing Show in 2003. We lurked for a while ( about a year ) then joined. For the life of me I don't know why we waited so long to join! This site is awesome!! We've learned a ton of stuff and have met some great people! Fish-Hawk.net rocks!!!
I'm a goin' fishin', mama's goin' fishin' and my baby's goin fishin' too.

.......Taj Mahal.... "Fishin' Blues"
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

I believe I also was looking for some maps when I stumbled upon this site.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

JP was in the store a couple of years ago and told me about the site. No lurking for me. I jumped right in with both feet.

Ed Toobinator Puddephatt
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Maps....found Pike lake...oh and it produces!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

I was at the Carp Show ,when a great big tall guy jumps out in front of me and asked if i liked to fish....and if I had a pc....yes to both...so this big tall guy gave afish-hawk bussness card with a coupon stapled to the back....with this cuopon you could win a rod and reel, just check out fish-hawk.net to see if your number is posted, i lurked for awhile , waiting to see if my number came up....nothing ...so i kinda forgot all abought it, then one day Topwater (Mike) called me and told me that there was a question had been posted....HOW MANY LEECHS IN A POUND....much to his amazment the question was answered :shock: and the number was given....(can't remember the #)but they also gave the numbers by the size of the leechs :shock: :shock: ... both of us have never looked back since then...Thanks for the card Fish-Hawk :D .....oh ya...by the way i still have the card and my number is 456962.....Have I won yet :D :D :wink: :roll:
Moosebunk
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Moosebunk »

Looking for MAPS, looking for MAPS, looking for MAPS. Found the site about a year before I returned to it and lurked around awhile. Was over chatting with another group before I realized how bitter and uninsightful things were there most of the time. Had to join FH, MT was keeping me in stitches and at the time wolfe was the nicest "GUY" I had ever read. :D
Woodsman
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Woodsman »

While on another forum the topic of fishing maps came up. Another poster made refference to this site. I checked it out & joined on the spot. Lets keep the fishing map info. going. :D

Best Wishes
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I googled salmon fishing and fish-Hawk.Net was a coice that popped up.

I registered, and fishhawk sent me a pm. I told him I was wanting to catch a salmon and he put me in touch with Salmon(Simon). I've been visiting the board once and a while ever since.
wolfe
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by wolfe »

Moosebunk wrote:Had to join FH, MT was keeping me in stitches and at the time wolfe was the nicest "GUY" I had ever read. :D
Aw, shucks... :oops: (Feeling is mutual!)

I got off to a rocky start on FH. My darling, dearest brother asked me to jump in to the middle of the cormorant debate last winter (gender incognito). Even after the brutal crucifixion (!) :lol: I suffered, I came back for more... because I recognized that although I was on the other side of a very controversial fence, folks here were interesting, witty, humorous and welcoming. Since then, other hot topics have come up and most people seem to be able to agree to disagree and then move on. I learn stuff here all the time.

If I miss a day or two of contact with you guys & girls, I get "homesick".

W.
Thanks, Dad, for taking me fishing when I was a kid.
bucketmouth
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by bucketmouth »

I originally searched for info on steelhead fishing on the Ganny a season or two back and a FishHawk report was first on the ol google search engine's list. Then this past september when I was getting ready to try my hand at the salmon run on the Ganny I found this site again and have been on here everyday since. I've gotten to know a few of you through PMs and in person and what a great bunch of men and women you all are. As much as I love to fish, there's still always something to learn from somebody here. That's what is special about this site and that's a good part of why membership is climbing at the rate it is. :D

bucket
Dartee
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Dartee »

I too was looking for maps when I stumbled across Fish-Hawk. Was frequenting another board which had its issues and produced very little helpful info for this neck of the woods.
Meet Bobber and Bacon at the Ottawa show and signed up the next day. This site has been a great resource and a source of many work day chuckles.
Cancatchbass
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Dunno...

Post by Cancatchbass »

Not sure how I found this site- do remember when Joe was just BigJoe, though- no 2 added on. :lol:

Cormorants, Wolfe? I have to admit I had no idea I was sparring with a member of the gentler sex at the time. Oh, but it was fun! :P

CCB
Lucannus
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Lucannus »

I was recommended by my brother Draven when trying to look for maps of White Lake.

Back then there wasn't this fancy forum. Just a website that looked like this:

http://web.archive.org/web/200009141937 ... -hawk.net/