Kamaniskeg Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Kamaniskeg Lake

Post by banjo »

Anyone fished Kamaniskeg Lake near Barry's Bay? Anyone know what species are located there?
Thanks in advance.
Laker_Taker
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Laker_Taker »

Its got at least walleye and lake trout. Pretty sure smallies too, maybe largies. Likely has pike too, as Bark Lake has them. Kaminiskeg is connected to Bark by a dam, Bark flows into the keg. Bark can be super windy, so Kaminiskeg can sometimes be easier to access. But Bark has the year round laker fishing, so many things to consider! Good luck, nice area even if you don't catch a thing! :wink:
flyer
Participant
Participant

Post by flyer »

Last edited by flyer on Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Kam is an awsome fishery. The bass fishing there is great but the odd time you get there and they have lockjaw big time. The good days more than make up for it though. There is a good launch there and you don't have to go far from there to catch fish. I'm not sure if there are walleye there but there is pike and also lake trout. If you have a big enough boat you should run to the "Marsh" It's probably 30 miles but it's just like the Everglades out there. It's worth the trip if you get a chance. :wink:
Thanks to my great supporters Deep River Outfitters, Shimano Canada and Hunters Bay Marine.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

Is the only launch in Barry's Bay by the church?
big stick
Participant
Participant

Post by big stick »

oh theres walleye in it too. I,ve never caught em but have seen them from a boat where the madawaska dumps in to kam.