Senko Colours?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Curtis
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Senko Colours?

Post by Curtis »

I was just wondering what brands and colours you guys favour? I have fished both Gary Tamamoto Senkos and Wave Tika sticks. I am impresed with both but i like the Senkos better. I have been using reletivley bright colours. Do dark colours work good to? Thanks for any help...
orrsey
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by orrsey »

I actaully like the dark colours better, mind you I fish mostly clear water. I have most of my luck on straight black, and the wave worms black and red, as well as the black and orangy brown colour. But dont be affraid to try anything this is only my opinion and theres lots of colours that I have over looked thats for sure
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by JimW »

I used KidLizard Kidsticks this year and was very impressed, good price as well. My most productive colours this year were white, junebug, dark green/lime green, and black neon with charteuse tip.

JimW
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

I also like the dark colours in the Yum Dinger and tiki sticks. I like greens like watermelon,pumpkin,dark green, black,pumpkin with yellow tip but the colour I had the most success with was the pinks. :?: I used flourescent pink and my hot bait was the bubblegum colour by Rite Bite. Good thing Ed had a good stock because I went thru a ton of those this year in both clear and stained water. Good luck with whatever colour you choose. :wink:
Snag
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Snag »

Ed has lots of cinkos that are good baits at a good price.

I always use darker colours, dark greens and browns are good.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I'm a waveworm man. This summer I through almost exclusively watermelon and other dark greens plus the red shad. Since I've come back from the accident other "wacky" colours have been the key. I suggest getting a bunch of different colours and fish a known spot. If you get a fish on a colour, switch it up to find out which colours are working best on that water. Also if you're in the area you won't find cheaper waveworms than Paddletales, if not give Ed a call he might be in your area once in a while, I think he's there most evenings. P.S. Don't forget about the "Bambo-Stiks".