Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and a Personal Best!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JimW
Site Admin
Site Admin

Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and a Personal Best!!!

Post by JimW »

Well originally today I was going to head to the Toronto Sportsman Show, but with a decent forecast and rain predicted later in the week.... I decided on Plan B to go ice fishing. So I meet up with @Chasenic in Ottawa shortly after 5 am and we were off.

Our target for the day was lake trout and after setting up on the side of a mid-lake hump we started marking a few lakers ,,,,,, but unfortunately no takers.... after no luck with the lakers.... we switched to Plan D .... rainbow smelt!!!

Well Chase definitely had the "hot stick" for landing some smelt..... I did get some fish including my PERSONAL BEST smelt. LOL It was my first smelt I have ever caught on a rod and reel.

After the smelt bite died off.... we moved shallow for Plan D..... perch.... and a little toothy critter.

This guy kept coming several times looking at my little perch jig....

Chase did get him eventually.

No big fish today.... but enough for a nice snack. lol I love smelt.

We had the whole lake pretty much to ourselves.... covering about 10 miles on the ice with the help of the Taiga Dog and we fished 5 to 100 feet throughout the day,

Here is a shot of me with my new PB!!!

Well tomorrow I am heading to the Toronto Sportsman Show for the day.

Tight Lines.
Jim Wilson
Fish-Hawk.Net Administrator
Smiths Falls DCI REDHAWKS Fishing Team Coach
A big thanks to all the companies that support my fishing adventures.
https://linktr.ee/jim.wilson.fishing
https://www.facebook.com/jim.wilson.fishing
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Plan A, Plan B, Plan C and a Personal Best!!!

Post by Wally »

Nice report Jim as usual, just curious what do you use for bait to catch the smelt, thanks wally.