Quinte, Quinte, Quinte..All aboooooard!!!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

John wrote: Eye-tracker, ken, superdad any suggestions on areas to concentrate on without having to do the long run ?
I am going to trailer to Glenora/Adolphus and Bath to fish. Also easy to get gas in Napanee with the boat already on the trailer.
Sheldon Hatch
Just a guy that likes to fish walleye
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

That's true.. Adolphustown isn't too far away and has decent parking.. glenora has a good launch but has poor parking but it's not much of a run from adolphustown.

I guess we'll be pulling in and out rather than making the longer runs. I'm guessing that the gap / adolphustown / glenora areas are probably better for the big eyes that perhaps haven't moved in too far yet.
eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by eye-tracker »

John wrote: I'm guessing that the gap / adolphustown / glenora areas are probably better for the big eyes that perhaps haven't moved in too far yet.
John...
For me it is the two rods per angler :D :D :D
Sheldon Hatch
M.T. Livewell
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by M.T. Livewell »

You guys bring up a good gas question.
Where can we get some?

M.T. Livewell

(BTW, I'm still float number 3 in the ET parade :D )
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

trailering

Post by roughrider »

Yes,its best to trailer from that location,superdad and ken can attest to the weather you may encounter when leaving hay bay :shock: ,usually the roughest part of the run to the ferry area.If you get big winds from either the north/northwest/west/southwest,it will be tough going.I'm on the south shore close to the ferry and I may also trailer depending on the water level.If you don't have a windshield boat,I would suggest some face protection,snowmobile helmets work great and bring gloves.The wind chill running across the water for long distances is dangerous to the exposed skin.See you on the water, :wink: roughrider
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Can we get Fish-Hawk logos for our helmets?... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I'll be showing up on Friday ...noonish... I don't plan on bringing a boat since there seems to be lots of empty seats. So anyone looking for some extra weight in the boat (or an excuse to get more lines in the water :lol: ), I'll be on the dock with some fishing gear and a smile. :D
PS. I generally don't miss too many suppers :wink:
roughrider
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Logo's

Post by roughrider »

Can't believe there are no logo's for boats,be nice to have a Fish-hawk decal. :lol: :lol: :wink: roughrider
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by ken & Jo »

John wrote:That's true.. Adolphustown isn't too far away and has decent parking.. glenora has a good launch but has poor parking but it's not much of a run from adolphustown.

I guess we'll be pulling in and out rather than making the longer runs. I'm guessing that the gap / adolphustown / glenora areas are probably better for the big eyes that perhaps haven't moved in too far yet.
I'm not an expert by any means on the migratory routes of these Walleye, as last year was my first year ever fishing for them. Having said that, my feeling is that you would have to at least fish in the "Long Reach" area to at least have a shot at a double digit 'eye at that time of year as most wouldn't have made it that far in from Lake Ontario yet. The "Long Reach" area is the long stretch of water basically from the "OF" on the map to Deseronto on this map. The 'eyes that you may catch within the Hay Bay section are most likely "native" to the bay rather than ones migrating in from Lake Ontario. Weather permitting, I'll be concentrating on the Ferry area (east of the "33" on the map).

There is lots of classic structure for bass & pike. Ram Island which is basically where the red dot is under "Hay Bay" on the map, has excellent bass and pike and can provide shelter from the wind if it howls. If you follow and cast along the south shore from the island towards Long Reach, there's plenty of overhanging trees that produce excellent bass as well.

Anyways, I'm going to try and come up Thursday night so bring your FRS radios.

eye-tracker
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: trailering

Post by eye-tracker »

roughrider wrote:If you don't have a windshield boat,I would suggest some face protection.
Good point roughrider :wink:

Ah...roughrider a windshield is the first thing I order on my boats...could never go back to a side console now. I just love having the top and windsheild in the fall for those cold wet runs when looking for fall eyes. :D

Ken... I fish the area on the map where it has QUINTE (Adolphus Reach) From September to November and slowly move my way to Glenora by December.

See ya on quinte this fall...
-
Sheldon Hatch
ken & Jo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: trailering

Post by ken & Jo »

eye-tracker wrote:
roughrider wrote:If you don't have a windshield boat,I would suggest some face protection.
Good point roughrider :wink:

Ah...roughrider a windshield is the first thing I order on my boats...could never go back to a side console now. I just love having the top and windsheild in the fall for those cold wet runs when looking for fall eyes. :D

Ken... I fish the area on the map where it has QUINTE (Adolphus Reach) From September to November and slowly move my way to Glenora by December. I just gotta remember to take them off for pictures.

See ya on quinte this fall...
-
I'll bring my ski goggles again just in case 8) I don't think I needed them until the first week in November but better safe than sorry. Pretty hard to steer the boat when you can't see.

ET, is that the area you refer to as the Gap? I've never fished further than just east of the fishery station to the first point. I may just have to give 'er a go this weekend if I can leave Jo and her bad back on shore :roll: :twisted: :wink:

cheers
Ken
fishmaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by fishmaster »

Hey Bacon,
Thanks for the directions. Only 10 more days to go. Can't wait. Does anyone know if the bassfishing is any good at that time of the year?
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Your welcome..
I have heard the bass are pretty good..but hey they are all fish stories..lets hope!
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

Looks Like I'll be trailering to glenora...Sheldon...I'll follow you to the launch...I think I'll be working the Gap and the south shore....A two thermos day :D (I also want to use two rods per person)
Rex Mundi
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rex Mundi »

I think I will also be trailering down the the Glenore area.

Since I am by myself for now is there a launch in the area tha I can launch the boat with out getting up to my yahoos in water. If I can avoid getting wet this time of year that would be a plus.

Also what would the fishing be like this time of year in Picton bay or the cemment factory that I always hear so much about.