Lake suggestions

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Pike_lover
Participant
Participant

Lake suggestions

Post by Pike_lover »

Hi guys.

Looking to find a few lakes to fish near ottawa/perth/calabogie that would provide regular action for bass, pike, walleye no matter the size, for my daughter and I to fish.

It needs to have a good ramp and dock/ or sand shoreline so I can launch and secure the boat and then park my truck. I have a 17 foot princecraft sport so you have an idea the kind of launch needed.

I was thinking Mississippi lake, Rideau lake, calabogie lake...although not sure how easy they are to fish. I get intimidated by huge lakes with big waves! Are these decent options as a change of scenery from the ottawa River or are there better options out there?

Thanks in advance.
HuntnFish
Participant
Participant

Re: Lake suggestions

Post by HuntnFish »

Try white lake. Nice launch with dock at the top of the lake. Lots of bass action (although typically 1# clones) but should keep your daughter interested!
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Clayton/Taylor L, White Lake, Rideau R is an option, Otter Lake Ontario not PQ, Upper Rideau L never have to go far from Narrows Locks to find fish. Calabogie has a lot of hike in back lakes, but the main lake is best for a boat of your size. Centennial L, Black Donald in the Bogie area, bigger water, but launches for sure. Hope this helps!

F.F
Pike_lover
Participant
Participant

Post by Pike_lover »

Extremely helpful! Thank you guys for the ideas. I will check them out next.
Pike_lover
Participant
Participant

Post by Pike_lover »

Hi guys. Just doing some reading on some of the lakes mentioned above. I read there are some prop killer shoals and rocks in some of the lakes.

My question...is it easy using lake maps on my fish finder to spot the danger zones or do I always need a spotter at the bow?
fisher178
Participant
Participant

Post by fisher178 »

Hi.Sounds to me like you should go to Muskrat Lake in Cobden.Meets all your needs except further drive.If you go let know how you make out.