Musky Or fantasy

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Brad
Participant
Participant

Musky Or fantasy

Post by Brad »

did any one see the post about the 40 lb musky that was taken at bluffs bar long point //story is on stomps 68 //web page wow I would like to see the pic on that
I am sure I was told long ago that there were no musky in long point bay
anybody know for sure :?: //any marine biologist out there :!:
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

Brad, that musky was 48 inches and weighed 40 pounds. Lots of credible witnesses were there. That lady caught it on a worm and spinner hook while she was pearch fishing with light line. She had some great coaches and landed the fish successfully. Lots of pics were taken, but no digital. They are getting them developed and we'll see them soon. The fish was revieved and released successfully.

Ever year 1 or 2 are caught at the bar or the outflow. Very rare, but they're there. That's the biggest I've ever heard of being caught.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

I'll give them the 48 inches....but 48 inchers have a really tough time getting to 40 pounds.... :?

Nice fish either way!

RJ
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I agree RJ. Like I said, tons of witnesses. Lets wait for the pics. Probably weighed on a bad scale.
Brad
Participant
Participant

Post by Brad »

I`ll tell you what I will believe it when I see some of them pics and I agree with you about the weight 40 seem a bit much for 48 " but who knows right :wink: good fishing all
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

To be 40 lbs, the fish would have to have at least a 27 inch girth ... one fat lady! Would love to see a pic.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

There is lots to eat in the area... i like to see the pics when the are posted..