St. Lawrence Walleye - Cornwall or Morrisburg?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
baitfish
Participant
Participant

St. Lawrence Walleye - Cornwall or Morrisburg?

Post by baitfish »

Hi All,

Looking to spend some time this fall on the Larry and try my luck for some eyes and perch.

Any direction as to jig head weights and what to use and general areas to fish would be appreciated.

Is it better to head to Cornwall area or is Morrisburg have the same quality of fishing.

Headed there from Ottawa....

PM me if you’d like..

Thanks
Wally
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: St. Lawrence Walleye - Cornwall or Morrisburg?

Post by Wally »

Good luck getting tips on the Larry ,very tough river to fish,lots of curent near Morrisburg. Been in this area for 2 years and i caught 2 walleyes in 2 summer here..Wally
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I saw some recent posts where the guys were doing quite well for Walleye using spinner rigs and worms but they also had to use 5oz sinkers to get their lines down closer to vertical, that's how strong the current was. Not sure how deep they were fishing. Good luck
Smitty

Straight shooter
gatekeeper
Participant
Participant

Post by gatekeeper »

Well in summer the most success I've seen and heard about was right below Dam at Iroquois. You'll probably catch 19 SMB to 1 Walleye. Jigging with 1/2-3/4 oz. jigs to combat current. LOTS of stumps,etc. to eat your jigs from when area was flooded to create Lk. St. Lawrence/ Good Luck
Bobber Boyz
Participant
Participant

Post by Bobber Boyz »

Look for a nice island off the main channel 20. 30'ft Fish In the back eddies. 5/8 jigs with 7" power baits . Look for heavy Weeds and fish the break line . You can have more success this time of year jigging then trolling. Fish are feeding heavy Morrisburg To Gan Quality Walleye fishing.