minnkota 55 powedrive - free - needs pedal

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

minnkota 55 powedrive - free - needs pedal

Post by Mick »

I have a 2007 55 lb minnkota that does not work. The pedal is finished and I cannot source a new one. There are used pedals out there on the interwebs but people are asking an arm and a leg for them knowing that guys can no longer replace them. I am pretty confident that with a new pedal the motor itself would work pretty much like new.

I know there are a few guys on the site that like toying around with electronics. If anyone wants it for that purpose, you can have it. I do have the pedal but at this point it is useless. I managed to use it for a stretch this summer but it wouldn't turn so I used to move the head with my hand but now the pedal won't even activate the prop.

I'm on holidays and back in the city on the 18th. I will bring it in with me at that time if anyone wants it.
Crunchy
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: minnkota 55 powedrive - free - needs pedal

Post by Crunchy »

Pm sent!
Bigcvin
Participant
Participant

Post by Bigcvin »

Pm sent!!!
Mick
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mick »

Hi Boys

this motor is gone. Hopefully it works out for the guy that snagged it. He was trying to make a hybrid out of two units. It'll be interesting to see if that works. Kinda wish I had the skills to do that sort of thing myself :oops:

cheers

Mick