Madawaska Lake Muskie

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Jpf80
Participant
Participant

Madawaska Lake Muskie

Post by Jpf80 »

Hello everyone,

First post and second year fishing. Most of my fishing is on the madawaska lake above the arnprior dam. I have had some success catching muskie (6 last year and 2 this year). I wanted to ask if anyone has caught or heard of anyone catching larger sized muskie in this body of water. All of my catches have been smaller sized muskies .

Thanks

JF
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Re: Madawaska Lake Muskie

Post by andrew1234 »

I've always wondered about that lake. Is there a public launch?
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

andrew1234 wrote:I've always wondered about that lake. Is there a public launch?
There are two Andrew, one at clay bank and the other just past the airport. Unfortunately they are both prime spots to get ripped off, it's been common there for years now.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Post by andrew1234 »

Thanks smitty
BigC
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by BigC »

Madawaska Lake?

Pretty sure you're talking about the head pond of the Madawaska River.

Yup big Muskies in there for sure. Couple years ago a 50+ took down our chapter outing, caught trolling right in front of the dam if I remember corrctly. Last time I was there a local was asking about our day and saw we were Muskie fishing and proceeded to tell us of the 56" his Dad caught in December while jigging for walleye. Not sure I believe his Dad's tape measure, but I believe there's big ones in there for sure.

Good luck
Jpf80
Participant
Participant

Post by Jpf80 »

Yes the headpond, and thanks for the information. Caught another small one this afternoon. Still have not broken the 30" mark but I am persistent and will keep on trying. Its nice to know bigger ones are in there.

Jon
Mike P
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Mike P »

Caught one a few years ago over the 50 inch mark and have seen plenty bigger there.