It's walleye time!

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: It's walleye time!

Post by Bass Addict »

[quote="kingofbeasts"] mister ducksplasher,. Since you value the law so much, you might want to know that you have just broke it twice in messages above by making threats to another user and by defaming me..../quote]

:text-thankyouyellow: :text-goodpost:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Bass Addict wrote:
kingofbeasts wrote: mister ducksplasher,. Since you value the law so much, you might want to know that you have just broke it twice in messages above by making threats to another user and by defaming me..../quote]

:text-thankyouyellow: :text-goodpost:
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Ragehunter »

Ok folks, Fishhawk is a better place than this. It's a great forum to share information, trade or sell equipment and enjoy the stories that others have to share. I've been on here quite a few years and I've never seen an exchange like this. No need for it.
Let's put this issue to bed and get back to why this forum was created......telling fishing stories and bigger lies!! :D
Tight lines to everybody!
Cheers!
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

I don’t know what to say/write, so many memories resurfaced while reading this thread.
Some good ones, some less desirable ones, some that made me laugh out loud while at work.
Throw in Dano, Jimmy and a few others to the mix, and we’re back in business folks! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RJ, don’t you dare put an end to this thread!!! Pls!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
River Monster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by River Monster »

- Rick Ozga
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Oh boy. Everyone made their point and then some.

I'm not getting into a debate of what as done right or wrong because frankly it doesn't matter.

Just treat people with a bit of respect is all we ask, that wasn't done here.

ildogg, sure that muskie in your avatar is 54"? Because if it isn't you just ratted yourself out with your own post...

RJ
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

kingofbeasts wrote:My care for fish starts before hooking them since I use an equipment very sensitive and tuned in for fast hookups ( so that the fish won’t have the time to swallow) with strong lines and thick leaders to prevent accidental breaking or being cut of ( which will leave the fish with a lure in his mouth and a higher risk of being harmed). I do this year round and I’m only telling this to you so that you can have a better idea what kind of person I am.
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
cprince
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by cprince »

Good thing it was just a walleye and not a heavily sought after fish that's hard to catch... like a bass!

Then people would start getting mad!

- Nothing racist about this. Don't play the race card unless you're certain because everything you say after and everything you've said before is disregarded as no truer than a false accusation of racism.

- It's an OOS fish. Not a fetus or some sort of cruel experiment involving puppies. Don't trigger because of a fish was caught and photographed on the wrong day. Educate the man. Don't insult him by calling him a muppet! Get to know him first, then call him a muppet!

Keep your stick in a vise!

Craig
Bass Addict
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Bass Addict »

All we need now is a good old fashion MacLaren Bay report and Fish-hawk would be back up to speed :banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:
There will be an influx of Great Grey Owls in the winter of 2017
Out4trout
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by Out4trout »

Missing Green Dragon... just sayin
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

Well, it is nice to see that this forum is still alive after all even if it wasn't the best way to revive it. It's a pity that people do not find the time, or passion to write about fishing anymore but I guess some extreme reactions can spoil one's appetite for sharing stories .
I guess ,with this matter behind us, I can move to the next story now so here it goes . By the way, if anybody else has a walleye fishing trip to share please don't be shy to post it after all, it is walleye time. Walleye may not be the most sought after fish but it sure keeps your reflexes sharp and it is fun to catch ( then again, I guess everybody knows that by now :) ).
Since this topic brought me a fishing invitation which I promised to honor as soon as water levels will go down on the Ottawa River, during the weekend I went on the shore to check the situation on the site. My wife decided to come along with the dogs for a walk. Unfortunately the watter level is still high enough to flood the pathways and in most places is impossible to fish even with the waist waders I had on. The dogs found the flooded pathways to be exciting since they couldn't stop running back and forth. It was fun just to watch them having fun in the water.
EA569499-4F29-4408-879D-19803A22F443.jpeg
EA569499-4F29-4408-879D-19803A22F443.jpeg (3.41 MiB) Viewed 4691 times
After a long enough walk on the flooded bank, I managed to find a place suitable for some walleye fishing (most good places had overhanging branches or dense bushes making it impossible to cast). It wasn't much long for the sun to be set so I started fishing right away. It wasn't long until the first one took my plastic hitting it so hard that I felt like a hammer blow in my shoulder. It was a nice one .
1B5B10FC-B9F3-4F63-96E5-8EEF0349026D.jpeg
1B5B10FC-B9F3-4F63-96E5-8EEF0349026D.jpeg (3.79 MiB) Viewed 4691 times
A couple of smaller ones soon followed so I decided it is a good moment to try on one of the leeches I just poured over the weekend and it did the trick.
89A0CFFD-B145-4E56-B43C-4BA833ADA66C.jpeg
89A0CFFD-B145-4E56-B43C-4BA833ADA66C.jpeg (3.82 MiB) Viewed 4691 times
the cold water got to me eventually, and with the sun set, the evening breeze made me pack my things and go home.
It was a nice evening with a nice result for almost two hours on the bank.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Came full circle on this one. Nice Walleyes last night. Enjoy your next trip out!

RJ
kingofbeasts
Participant
Participant

Post by kingofbeasts »

RJ wrote:Came full circle on this one. Nice Walleyes last night. Enjoy your next trip out!

RJ
Thank you very much , I intend to enjoy every fishing trip . Life is Short but the memories remain :)