An update from Paddletales

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

An update from Paddletales

Post by toobinator »

Paddletales has lost their lease, effective September 30. This leaves us with three options. The first two we are actively pursuing, the third is a possibility.
Option one: Relocate. We have looked at a couple properties that were deemed unsuitable, but have some others in mind that we will see. The problem we have is that any new location should be in Winchester as Sandie doesn't drive. If we were to relocate to a different town it opens up a new lot of logistics problems if I am continue to have any time away from the store.

Option two: Sell the business and have the new owner move it. I feel there is a real opportunity here for someone. Our business is still on a steady growth curve and I see no reason that it won't continue to do so with the right person at the helm. I would be willing to help the new owner with the transition. The brand of Paddletales is worth something though and will take some serious money to purchase, as well as the desire and commitment to run a growing retail operation.

Option three: Continue to offer the service we always have, than close at the end of September. I'm sure this is the least desirable option to most of you as it is to us, but it is a possibility. It will only be implemented after the exhaustion of the first two.

Whatever the outcome, Sandie and I will always be gratefull for the opportunities and friendships this business has brought us.

Ed & Sandie
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Re: An update from Paddletales

Post by Ragehunter »

Sorry to hear the news. That's too bad.
Hoping you can keep the store and relocate locally within Winchester. I have met many folks who speak highly of your store and the top notch customer service.
All the best!
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

As stated on FB, I believe it would be a sad day to see Paddle tales close up. All of the best in finding a new location or a new owner.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

Sad to hear the news! Best of luck in finding an option that works for you.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Like I told Ed and Sandie last night it took me a couple days to digest the news when Ed called me the other night. It would be a sad day for Eastern Ontario fishing fanatics if Paddletales was to be no longer, a huge loss. Whatever option you figure out and make the next steps going forward Birdee and I wish Ed and Sandie nothing but the best for them. The move would take about 3 hours with the help you'd have... :lol:

RJ
David Chong
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by David Chong »

Whatever option that works best for you & Sandie, we'll be thrilled for you! Best wishes in whatever path your new chapter takes you! Hopefully the Paddletales presence remain in the Winchester area for lone time to come!
Special Thanks to all my valued sponsors and my darling wife for all their support!