The Calabogie fall trout shore-fishing experience

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Nyarlathotep
Participant
Participant

The Calabogie fall trout shore-fishing experience

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Went to scout out 3 of the roadside stocked lakes in the Calabogie area, recently. The area is very scenic and the lakes were beautiful, and several 2018 yearling trout were caught and released. However, 2 of the lakes had piles of garbage along their shorelines that had been left by other anglers. The 2nd lake visited also had 2 groups of shore-fishing anglers who were burning trash in their campfires, which enveloped the shoreline in a sickening reek. These kinds of actions, probably committed by a minority of the anglers who visit these lakes, are why I never share specific trout fishing locations in an open, online forum.

andrew1234
Participant
Participant

Re: The Calabogie fall trout shore-fishing experience

Post by andrew1234 »

This is why I stopped camping on the car access sites. Wabun lake is horrible. Not sure what lakes you visited but is so disrespectful to see. Luckily if you have a boat or canoe those sites are still well respected.
Walleye'm Fishing
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant
Location: Casting..................... in your NOT SO SECRET spot.

Post by Walleye'm Fishing »

Beautiful lakes and what a mess at the same time... A real shame. These are the types of lakes that you bring your kids to because it's easy access. Then you have to explain to your kids why people do such things...
Walleye'm fishing, you're sleeping.
Bigcvin
Participant
Participant

Post by Bigcvin »

Stuff like this makes me so mad. If you're not going to respect Canada and its beautiful lands and opportunities, then get the F out, go disrespect another country.