Boat Launch Rideau River

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
5 Big Bass
Participant
Participant

Boat Launch Rideau River

Post by 5 Big Bass »

I believe someone asked this before so I apologize for asking again. I am looking to launch my bass boat this weekend to go fishing on the Rideau River and I am looking for a nearby launch. I would like to go fishing near the 416 overpass area. Any suggestions? I have a full size bass boat so a launch that could accommodate that would be best.

Thank you
BBD 8)
zeke13
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Boat Launch Rideau River

Post by zeke13 »

Pirate Cove Marine is right at the 416 and Rideau Rd and has a launch more than capable of launching your boat.
miker
Participant
Participant

Post by miker »

The Reeve Craig http://www.boatlaunches.ca/index.php?op ... Itemid=111 launch would work well. its large enough for your boat. (and is free)
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

Reevecraig will certainly accommodate your boat. Just know there is no dock there.

I typically use the launch at the Taylor Conservation area. It is a little further from the 416 bridge that Pirate cove but the launch is nice, it has a dock and ample parking.

Only time I have ever used the pirate cove launch is during tournaments held out of there. I do not know if there is a fee to launch there or not though.
tacklebox
Participant
Participant

Post by tacklebox »

I used reeve Craig today had to back in a bit farther but all went well not to busy .Everyone on their best behavior .. Kars was ok a lot of weed at entrance to the Rideau

Tacklebox