Claybank / Head Pond

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Claybank / Head Pond

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Has anyone been at Claybank boat launch recently?

Have the vandals there grown up and hopefully left Arnprior?

Missing that body of water!
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Claybank / Head Pond

Post by smitty55 »

There was some chatter about that on 613fishing recently about strange vehicles hanging about so I think those lowlifes are still around. My neighbour now empties his truck completely and leaves his tailgate down. One guy who has a camp not far from the launch got ripped off this year too so if you're going to go be careful not to leave anything valuable hanging out.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Thank Smitty,

Will continue to avoid. Too bad the city is not doing something about it. A simple camera could fix this problem.... The revenue they are missing in parking fees would have paid off a simple surveillance camera multiple times by now...
Blakester48
Participant
Participant

Post by Blakester48 »

Hello,

I am from the Arnprior FIsh Game & Conservation Club and we installed the docks at Clay Bank.
I will speak with McNab/Braeside council on the issues of low-lifes.

Blake Corbin
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Blakester48 wrote:Hello,

I am from the Arnprior FIsh Game & Conservation Club and we installed the docks at Clay Bank.
I will speak with McNab/Braeside council on the issues of low-lifes.

Blake Corbin
That would be great news for many folks Blake. This has been going on for years and the police have been informed many times but for some reason seem reluctant to do anything about it. Even putting up signs that the area is under surveillance could be a big help even if they actually aren't.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Thanks Blake. Great to hear someone trying to do something about it. It may not be a lot of revenue but every visitor to Clay Banks is probably filling up at Antrim truck stop, buying som bakery goods and may do some shopping locally after fishing (I know I have).

Anything to help this situation is a plus for Arnprior...
Blakester48
Participant
Participant

Post by Blakester48 »

Hello,

I am please to report that security signage will be up this week as well as monitoring equipment.
The OPP will also increase patrols to this area.
I appreciate everyone who let me know about this. as it does affect Arnprior and the small communities around it.
Blake
lape0019
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by lape0019 »

That is great news for the community.

Head pond is a fun place to fish that is totally different than any other place around here.
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

I am please to report that security signage will be up this week as well as monitoring equipment.
I appreciate everyone who let me know about this. as it does affect Arnprior and the small communities around it.
Blake
That's great new Blake.The thing that bugs me is that the police have been well aware of these issues for years now and have done little to rectify the problem. I hope this time they will actually do something and it's not just lip service. Also, I trust they are aware that the Boeing launch is just as bad so I hope they put up signs there as well.
Thanks for your help with this.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
IgglesD
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by IgglesD »

This is great initiative Blake, Thanks! Are you able to confirm if this will be happening at Claybank and Boeing Launch?

Seems Boeing has a lot of drive-byes of suspicious cars still, that is where I have received the most theft and damage to vehicle.

As for what Grey-Thunder mentioned - Ya, Antrim has probably lost out on about $300.00 of baked goods and energy drinks from my boat alone. Of course...I buy them for others.
Grey_Thunder
Participant
Participant

Post by Grey_Thunder »

Great work Blake! Thanks for your help on this!
Dcaster
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Dcaster »

Blake

Wow that was awesome Blake!!!!!

Thanks.

:handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: :handgestures-thumbupleft: