Muskie outing poll

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.

Where do u want the muskie outing to be?

Poll ended at Sat Sep 11, 2004 10:24 am

Ottawa river at Wendover
40%
Rideau River at Taylor Park
60%

Total votes: 25

JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Muskie outing poll

Post by JP »

Some people want to fish the Ottawa instead, let me know via the poll what u want to fish on October 30.
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

I wouldn't mind learning some of the Wendover spots. Would need a not "too windy" day though.
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Time to have an east end get together.............

Post by Guest »

You need to pick a venue that provides safety for all participants. If the Ottawa River blows up, anyone in a smaller boat (myself included), will have a miserable day on the water, if they can get out at all.

As such, I propose to stick with the Rideau, or if you want to go after bigger fish, have the event on the Upper Ottawa in Arnprior again. That way, if the Ottawa is safe, we can go on the Ottawa. If it is not, we can always boogie over to the Head Pond. The Mad provides spots that get you out of the wind so that everyone can fish even on bad weather days. The bonus about Arnprior is that some people can fish the Mad, others can fish the Ottawa, and everyone can meet afterwards. This will help to minimize the fishing pressure on one water body, and provide better chances at big fish for everyone.

Just my two cents. I'm game for wherever! :)

HW
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

I think somewhere different this time is a good choice...and nothing has been done in the east end....
FLOATFISHIN
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by FLOATFISHIN »

Well HW does have a point about the weather issue, though when we had our last get together in the Prior the weather made for some slow and some quick outings on the water because of wind.

If the east is chosen (Which I vote for)My house is a 5 min drive from the launch in Wendover and parking may be hard but the arena around the corner has plenty.This is offered for if the family brings out thier little ones again (Which is always great to see)My house has a ample sized yard, and 3 washroom facilities for everyone to use.For the launch in Wendover I dont believe has any public facilities?I have a bbq in the yard and a few tables can be set up in the yard for sitting.

Just a small idea and offer if the east end was chosen :D

But wherever I and Rox are in again for sure :D :D :D

T.L F.F
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

If the weather blows up...inthe east folks can duck into the Nation.......
Markus
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Markus »

I did eeni meeni and picked Ottawa! :P

Post by Guest »

True enough CB. Wendover is a great spot. BIG fish down there, and lots of water to cover.

Can't wait!! :)

HW
SkeeterJohn
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by SkeeterJohn »

As much as i'd love to say the Ottawa i really think the rideau is a far better choice considering it's also a get together too.... The boat traffic will be almost non existant.. it doesn't matter how bad the weather is.. the launch has adequte parking and plenty of space...

ok ok not as many 50" fish but i'll take a 45" one instead :wink:

....but i will say either is fine with me.
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

I will go to either but I think the facilities for a get together for a big group are better at Taylor Park. If Floatfishin is willing to put up with all of us in his back yard though, that could work too. I will need some tips for Muskie at Wendover, tried about 6 times the past three falls and only managed a 2lber! I think the lure was bigger than the fish!!!
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Choices

Post by Seaweed »

It will be cold water either way we look at it and safety always has to be the number one priority when talking about fishing late in the year. The launch will be ok if it blows up because there is concrete around you. That stretch of the river is long and open so windy conditions will suck for everyone because we will all get wet coming back to the launch from the river where most of the action will be. I will vote to go to Wendover... but I think that we should watch the weather closely that week and have Taylor as a fall back spot for safety reasons.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I strongly suggest the Rideau. On the last outing AverageAngler, Walleye Killer and myself could'nt even leave the Mad. channel due to the rollers and high winds. Not very enjoyable for any of us. If the decision is for the Ottawa I will have to pull the chute on this one and fish the Rideau with Hawg wobbler

I don't want to drag the boat and 3 ladsall the way there to fish from a dock.

I hope we stick to the original plan

BASSSTALKER
Canadian Bacon
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by Canadian Bacon »

Like I said you can always duck into the nation.................

Post by Guest »

From the launch to the Nation is at least a 1/2 km. I won't risk that in high winds.......

HW