Tiger trout Ice fishing

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
tomasz20
Participant
Participant

Tiger trout Ice fishing

Post by tomasz20 »

wow are these fish ever beautiful, got a chance to catch 3 of these somewhat rare fish and they each had different patterns :shock:
EagleEyesFlash
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Tiger trout Ice fishing

Post by EagleEyesFlash »

Alberta has them now too.
None in Ontario yet.
Ever caught an Aurora trout ? ;)
Snag or Fish , Weed or Fish , Oh Fish On
tomasz20
Participant
Participant

Post by tomasz20 »

no I haven't They sure are beautiful as well.
streamfisher93
Participant
Participant

Post by streamfisher93 »

Caught and released what I firmly believe to be a wild juvenile tiger trout. I say this because it had the tiger like markings on it instead of bars or spots which typical brown, brookie or rainbow juvi's will have. I'm an avid creek fisherman and have caught all three species at different life stages and sizes within this same creek. That particular day i put on the tiniest jig i could find with a piece of worm and pulled out a tiny rainbow and tiny brookie also from the same undercut as the tiger trout. I couldn't believe my eyes and unfortunately have no picture of the fish for confirmation :x but I know in my gut what i saw is what i saw, truly amazing to see catch such a rare specimen and even though it was only 4 inches or so it was the fish of a lifetime as a stream fisherman.
Do what you love and let it kill you, we are all floatin down the river of life may as well fish until the ride ends.
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

streamfisher93 wrote:Caught and released what I firmly believe to be a wild juvenile tiger trout. I say this because it had the tiger like markings on it instead of bars or spots which typical brown, brookie or rainbow juvi's will have. I'm an avid creek fisherman and have caught all three species at different life stages and sizes within this same creek. That particular day i put on the tiniest jig i could find with a piece of worm and pulled out a tiny rainbow and tiny brookie also from the same undercut as the tiger trout. I couldn't believe my eyes and unfortunately have no picture of the fish for confirmation :x but I know in my gut what i saw is what i saw, truly amazing to see catch such a rare specimen and even though it was only 4 inches or so it was the fish of a lifetime as a stream fisherman.
Cool was this in Ontario?
streamfisher93
Participant
Participant

Post by streamfisher93 »

Cool was this in Ontario?[/quote]

Actually it was in the Eastern Townships, a tributary stream to the Massawippi River outside of Sherbrooke. Little gem of a stream I found while going to school there.
Do what you love and let it kill you, we are all floatin down the river of life may as well fish until the ride ends.