Big Gull Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Big Gull Lake

Post by Tomcat »

I'm trying to do some due diligence about soft water fishing Gig Gull Lake (just east of Cloyne, Ontario) for next season. Is there any potential there for walleye, lake trout, perch etc? Thanks in advance.
FishinJim
Participant
Participant

Re: Big Gull Lake

Post by FishinJim »

In 20+ years I've caught LM, SM, pike, walleye and perch out of Big Gull. I saw a 24 inch muskie that was caught there. Never saw any lakers.
Jim
procrafter12
Participant
Participant

Post by procrafter12 »

we have had family cottage there for 30 years and there is no lake trout. It got fished out back in the 70s. i agree with species listed by FishinJim The walleye fishing has been bad for a while now but the strict slot i think 17.5 - 18.75" (look it up) is helping a bit. after hearing the muskie rumours I dedicated time and had a follow couldnt tell if it was a huge northern or ski but she was well over 40". smallmouth are abundant with 30 + a day easy (mostly 1 lbers). zebra muscles still havent made it to lake
Tomcat
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Tomcat »

Thanks for responding guys!