Arnprior Launch

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
BrentS89
Participant
Participant

Arnprior Launch

Post by BrentS89 »

Does anyone know if the launch in Arnprior (on Ottawa St) still has a dock or pier. I am considering trying my luck for some muskie this weekend on the Ottawa river. I have never fished the area, so any help would be greatly appreciated. I would be coming from Kitchener and would hate to drive 5 hrs only to find I can't launch my boat.
Thanks in advance.
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Arnprior Launch

Post by toobinator »

Don't know about the ramp, but people had an awful time this summer with vehicles being broken into while they were fishing. Be careful.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

toobinator wrote:Don't know about the ramp, but people had an awful time this summer with vehicles being broken into while they were fishing. Be careful.
To be fair, so far as I know all those thefts were at the two launches on the headpond, not the Ottawa River.

To the OP, I would check with the town or McNabb township to find out for sure..

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by toobinator »

Sorry, my bad.
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
smitty55
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by smitty55 »

Hey, it may have happened there too, but I've never heard of any. Those other launches are much more isolated and easier targets. One thing for sure, there is definitely a "ring" of low lifes in the area targeting fisherman, so it's always a good point to bring up for anyone fishing around the Prior, specially for someone traveling so far to fish the Ottawa. That's a long way.

Brent there are plenty of other launches on the Ottawa you could consider, seeing as you're already traveling so far. Even as far east as Wendover, which is known for good Musky fishing.

Cheers
Smitty

Straight shooter
BrentS89
Participant
Participant

Post by BrentS89 »

Thanks for the replys. As I am not from the area any information about launches and accommodations is greatly appreciated.
wayde34
Participant
Participant

Post by wayde34 »

I was fishing there yesterday. The launch is open and there is a big dock there. I believe there is a $10 launching fee
BrentS89
Participant
Participant

Post by BrentS89 »

wayde34 wrote:I was fishing there yesterday. The launch is open and there is a big dock there. I believe there is a $10 launching fee
Thanks for the reply. Just to confirm, that was at Arnprior ? Do you know when they pull the dock from the water ? What were you fishing for and how did you make out ?
wayde34
Participant
Participant

Post by wayde34 »

I was fishing for walleye from shore. Managed to land a few dinks.
Sorry, not too sure when they pull the dock out.
Yes, the Launch in arnprior just off of Ottawa st.
Dnbmike
Participant
Participant

Post by Dnbmike »

Hey was fishing their last weekend ...not sure when the dock comes out but this time of year the launch is free ....Have been their quite a few times and never had a problem with theives not to say it can't happen ...we did alright had 3 northern all in the 7 to 10 pound range ....but I think the bite should be picking up ...their in there just gotta get a line in the water good luck
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Not sure when they pull the dock but I've launched there mid December without issue.

Good Luck!

RJ
Relic
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Relic »

Dock still in, could launch there without it though so long as the current ain't ripping.

Bring lots of luck..lol