Laurentian Marine Sales???

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
darkelf
Participant
Participant

Laurentian Marine Sales???

Post by darkelf »

Hey guys and gals, just wondering, has anyone had dealings with Laurentian Marine Sales at 2636 Mac st. here in Ottawa??? Deals in princecraft, merc, min kota, hummingbird, etc. just looking for good/bad experiences, going down to look at a boat this weekend. any info would be great.

thanks all

and tight lines!!!
Yannick Loranger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Laurentian Marine Sales???

Post by Yannick Loranger »

I've been dealing with them for 2 years and I can't say enough about their service, knowledge, or my Princecraft. Their showroom and shop is nothing much to look at, but they make up for it with their service. Most of their staff have been there long term so they know their stuff inside and out and their just about the most honest and friendly guys you could deal with. Personally, I deal mainly with Alfred, the owner, and Doug the GM. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad review. What style of boat are you shopping for? I might be able to give you a test drive.
Happy shopping!
Yannick
Yannick Loranger
Owner and Head Guide
Ottawa River Guided Fishing
http://www.OttawaRiverFishing.ca
darkelf
Participant
Participant

Post by darkelf »

Thank you Mr. Loranger, thats exactly the kind of review i was looking for, and i'll be sure to let him know what you had to say!

I appreciate the offer to test drive but i should be good.

Thanks again!
joepile
Participant
Participant

Post by joepile »

I've also dealt with them a couple of times - not to buy a new boat but for service and i was happy with the service. The staff do know what they are talking about.
Erie-Eyes
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Erie-Eyes »

Yannick Loranger wrote:I've been dealing with them for 2 years and I can't say enough about their service, knowledge, or my Princecraft. Their showroom and shop is nothing much to look at, but they make up for it with their service. Most of their staff have been there long term so they know their stuff inside and out and their just about the most honest and friendly guys you could deal with. Personally, I deal mainly with Alfred, the owner, and Doug the GM. I think you'd be hard pressed to find a bad review. What style of boat are you shopping for? I might be able to give you a test drive.
Happy shopping!
Yannick
X2 - Purchased my boat from them 16 summers ago and still use them for all my boat service needs, and have no problems in recommending them.
darkelf
Participant
Participant

Post by darkelf »

Thanks for the info guys. i went down on Sat. morning to look at a new 2015 Nanook they sat sitting around since last year....its sold Thursday night :cry: !! guess its off to the boat show in Feb.

Tight lines!!!
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Excellent guys. No matter how larger or small the part I am looking for, they treat me well.

I almost always just send them an email and they suggest parts and order them... then I pick them up from the store. I would say that 90% of the time they are either the same price or often better than what you can get if you order online.

In the 10% of cases where their prices are more expensive, it's generally so close that I still give them the business.