Been awhile

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Been awhile

Post by almontefisher »

Hey All: For the last few months my life has been so busy I really didn't have much time to come over to FH and view posts or make any posts. So for that I am sorry. I missed you guys a bunch and I hope I didn't miss anything interesting like CPrince making out with fish etc. Anyway I am planning to do a write up in the next few days about my time so far this year on the water which has been really good the times I have gotten out. The only bad part is I have not had the chance to take any of you out for a fish like I try and do a couple of times a year so that will also be I nthe works to get a shore guy out for a few hours on the water or even someone who has never fished a certain lake in this area like Mississipi lake, Clayton or some other body of water they have always wanted to try.

Lastly I have been so focused on those bass this year that I have only fished for them mainly so I want to get out and get my trout on and walleye going again soon.

Anyway I hope to have a post up in the next few days with pics of my outings including my best day on the water this year which was at the MS Bassin Tourney. This is an event that hits close to home with some family and friends living with this disease. Not to spoil it but let's just say after many years of the Rideau kicking my butt I gave it a good butt kicking this year. 12.5lbs of fish for a nice 5th place finish. 1lbs out of the money!!

Cheers guys and gals and I am glad to be able to be back here reading posts from old friends, FH buddies and soon new ones!!
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Re: Been awhile

Post by scarkner »

I would be very much interested in joining you for a trout outing!

I have also never fished the Miss, or Clayton!

Lots of business travel coming up, but could hopefully fit something in, especially as the weather starts to cool down and the trout bite comes back up...
Supernova224
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Supernova224 »

Welcome back Peter.

Let me say from experience, to anyone thinking of taking this opportunity for an open seat, jump on it! Before I had my kayak and I was stuck to the shoreline, he invited me out to fish the Mississippi. Had a great day of fishing and I really appreciated the generosity. I always like seeing the open seat offers on FH.
TheMaverick
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by TheMaverick »

Good stuff Peter, looking forward to that report.
Congrats again on your placing, you had it dialed in, it was a tough day!
If fishin ain't your mission, then you can kiss my Bass!
almontefisher
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by almontefisher »

scarkner wrote:I would be very much interested in joining you for a trout outing!

I have also never fished the Miss, or Clayton!

Lots of business travel coming up, but could hopefully fit something in, especially as the weather starts to cool down and the trout bite comes back up...
Give me some dates Scark and I will see what I can make work.
Fishing isn't a matter of life and death....
It's much more important.

ORWL