Lac Tremblant & Lac Mercier questions.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Lac Tremblant & Lac Mercier questions.

Post by DropShot’r »

Hi everyone!!

We are planning a fall getaway in the Tremblant area. We are staying on a small lake that comes with a canoe, although not a canoe person I can persevere fishing Lac Moore if required.

I’m trying to weigh the pros and cons of bringing my boat, so my question here is it worth my while to bring my boat to fish Tremblant & Mercier? Are they even public access?

I have been trying to find information about the area quite unsuccessfully. So I thought I would toss it out here to see if I can get pointed in the right direction for fishing season & limit information for that area. I somehow got into a English/French thingy trying to find fishing regulation on the Quebec Ministry site which left me scratching my head.

Although this information is quite dated, I have heard that boats must be officially cleaned before being allowed to launch. I have also heard that this cleaning is not cheap either. Are all lakes in the area like this or are there public access lakes that do not require cleaning?

Thanks,
Drop
Dobyns Army member
chong
Participant
Participant

Re: Lac Tremblant & Lac Mercier questions.

Post by chong »

Lake Tremblant has SM bass,maybe LM too, musky and lake trout.
There is no public ramp, maybe if you know someone you can get access.

Don't know Lake Mercier.

That's how it is in Quebec, if you're not a resident you don't have access or you have to pay a hefty fee.

Suggestion stay in Ontario.
alexb
Participant
Participant

Re: Lac Tremblant & Lac Mercier questions.

Post by alexb »

I agree with chong lots of lakes here.
There are those who Fish and those who just DISTURB THE WATER