Muskie outing?

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

What dates then?

Post by JP »

Any ideas, Just to let u know of some of the water conflict days with tourneys.
Sept. 19, Renagade fall challenge on the Rideau
Oct. 2 Bass'n for Bucks (Mississippi) I am fishing this so can't be then :cry: :cry: :lol:
Oct.3 BAOO fall open on the rudeau
Oct.9. SEBO Memorial open.
Anytime after these dates and we don't have to worry about boat traffic(for RJ :wink: )
The fishing is really turning on by october anyway/
Let me know
JP
Smile, It's a good day on the water!!
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

hey BT you may wanna rethink the lead core for it will be hard to work the SPOOK on lead line
Well when that guy is stopped and trying to pull the lead core out of his prop I'll chuk the spook around him :twisted:

BASSSTALKER
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

I'm in if it's a Saturday. I would suggest mid-October.

Post by Guest »

If and when this thing is a go, and in the spirit of all the tournament discussion I've started, might I suggest that each boat/angler give a small donation to our local muskie organization. Nothing major, just a few bucks each. What do you think?

HW
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Muskie Outing

Post by Seaweed »

Lets remember that October 9-11 weekend is Thanksgiving and would be bad for a lot of us.

The new moon is on the 14 so maybe the weekend following that would be good for big toothers.

I'm in.... and no live bait for this guy.... nothing but hardcore lure tossing in my boat.
big-o
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by big-o »

depending on the date......I plan to be on Quinte most of the late fall and early winter....as long as the ice is thin enough to break ,a fishing I will go :D ...Last fall s get together was fun..Topwater and myself , John and Hawk had breakfast at the Swan after...great time there too!!!!!!!!!looking forward to it!!!!!!!!1
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Excelent idea

Post by JP »

If and when this thing is a go, and in the spirit of all the tournament discussion I've started, might I suggest that each boat/angler give a small donation to our local muskie organization. Nothing major, just a few bucks each. What do you think?
Wow, this is a great idea, how about $5.00 each and it will go to help our toothy friends.
I vote yes for this
JP
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Yes I hate boat traffic..... :lol: ...that's why I avoid the Rideau at all costs...

Last Sunday night John and I hit the Kars stretch.....we pulled out from launching in the little creek.....pulled out to the main channel....looked both ways and counted 11 boats....at full speed....I looked at him and said..."see why I hate this place?"....it was kinda funny....

The weekend after the 14th is out....we'll all be in Quinte....

I'm looking late October....the 30th?...we have to honour JP with his dates....it was his idea... :lol:

RJ
welsh wonder
Participant
Participant

Post by welsh wonder »

you must be feeling better,

in CMP until 2.30 as you know!!!!! if you want to go on Sat anywhere let me know.

j
:lol: :lol: :lol:
nighttroller
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by nighttroller »

October 30th would be good for me. I fish the Rideau alot for Bass so getting a chance to meet a bunch of Fish Hawkers and possibly hooking up with a Muskie would be great!
baz fish
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by baz fish »

I want to go with you but I dont have a boat and where Taylors Park is located on the Rideau. Anybody ho had room for that tourney could let me know and if I go might get my first muskie, and I need a muskie rod.
JP
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Ok, so what dates

Post by JP »

October 16,23 or 30.
Who is in and which one do people want to fish?

One point, I believe and strongly support that all muskies should be live released and non are to be kept except if they can't be relased due to injury. Our reasources are great on this river, but still are fragile.

Now thats said, I need #'s of people with boats and people who need boats, which date is good so I can plan a BBQ or something.
JP
slushpuppy
Retail Advertiser
Retail Advertiser

Post by slushpuppy »

I would love to join in. Any weekend is fine. I'm sure Bowzog would love to go too (he's sleeping right now, shhhh).

I've never targeted muskie before so I'd love to go with someone who has experience. I also don't really have the equipment.
Tony
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Tony »

I'm itchin' for some more ski's so I'll be there Sat. or Sun.
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

Gordo and I will be there in one of our boats.....preferably the 30th....but whatever... :lol:

RJ