New Spots on the Rideau

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Rideau_Lungehunter
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

New Spots on the Rideau

Post by Rideau_Lungehunter »

Hey Fish-Hawkers ...

As the posts states, I'm looking for some new areas to fish on the Rideau. Has anybody done much fishing below Black's Rapids? I was thinking of trying the section from Black's to Mooney's. I know people catch lots of good fish at the dam, but has anybody caught much in the rest of the section? Primarily looking for Muskies.

And do I lauch from Eccolands Park?

Thanks for any feedback you can give.
Seaweed
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

New Spots on the Rideau

Post by Seaweed »

Never fished that stretch but always wanted to. There are muskies in the Rideau and therefore there are muskies in that stretch. I know someone who owns a house on the big curve in the river you see from the Hunt Club bridge and they are always talking to me about a big fish that splashes around there.

I have always wanted to fish that stretch and yes you would have to put in at Eccolands and lock down unless you have any pull at the other Marina but any time I have been around there no one seemed friendly enough to talk to. Let me know if you are looking for a netman and I just might join you for the excursion.
BASSSTALKER
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by BASSSTALKER »

I have put a canoe in a while back and I only caught fish in the rapids. Under the Hunt club bridge is suppost to yeld some nice muskie near the the outflow. and that is all I have to say about that

BASSSTALKER
Paya
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by Paya »

Personally my favourite part is one between Billings b.and Hw 461 bridge.
As Basstalker said canoe would do it

good luck !
/p
Gordo
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Gordo »

Great topic, I've always wondered the same thing. If you make a run out one night let me know I would love to try for some ski's as well on that stretch.

Gordo
Gord

NPAA#553
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

You can launch right out of Mooney's Bay Beach....

I've hit this area a few times.....not a sniff of a fish....

Looks great....not so much....the stretch from the beach to the corner would be your best bet.....the rest is fairly shallow and flat....no cover whatsoever....

RJ