Richmond fish and gun show.

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
DropShot’r
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Richmond fish and gun show.

Post by DropShot’r »

"Worth it" is really a personal thing, no?

What's worth it to me may not be worth it to you. Who's wrong? Neither.

Now, what's worth it to me is to drive to Winchester. Park for free. Stuff my face full of the absolutely most delicious poultry for free. Enjoy free advice from pros and industry reps. Enjoy real sales and meet fellow Hawkers too....
:banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

Drop
Dobyns Army member
stopper35
Participant
Participant

Post by stopper35 »

Well said. I did the same sort of thing yesterday. Drove to Carleton Place and spent some money at Baitcasters. Good deals and a place that provides a service to the community year round instead of just once a year.

Don't get me wrong, shows can be great but if they are vendors rolling through town to make a fast buck and leave again, I'd rather pay a little more (not a lot though) to support the local guys. That's sort of why it's disappointing that the show doesn't list their vendors on their website so we can make an informed decision before spending the time to drive out to Richmond (or Carp) and lay down 8 bucks for the privilege. :lol:
CNs
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by CNs »

RJ wrote:Not worth what? The 8 bucks? Hell I pay 12 bucks for a movie and I never feel like its "worth" it.. :lol:

RJ
If you are looking for a lot of fishing related stuff it is not worth driving out and paying $8. At least at carp they had presentations and a lot of things to look at.

and if you feel 12 bucks for a movie is not worth, why do you go?
RJ
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by RJ »

CN wrote:
RJ wrote:Not worth what? The 8 bucks? Hell I pay 12 bucks for a movie and I never feel like its "worth" it.. :lol:

RJ
If you are looking for a lot of fishing related stuff it is not worth driving out and paying $8. At least at carp they had presentations and a lot of things to look at.

and if you feel 12 bucks for a movie is not worth, why do you go?
For entertainment purposes only. I guess I don't look at things so dollars and sense at times.. :lol:

Birdee and I went over today as it's 10 minutes from the house. Bumped into some old friends and made a few new ones while walking around. That's worth a few bucks to me every time.

Did buy 2 Vibratos from Stacy for 20 bucks, considering they were 17 bucks a piece at one time I think I did OK...

RJ
Trophyhunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Trophyhunter »

Good turn out , lots to see , Gun prices were par a few good deals on scatter gun's , Pro Tackle had some very good deals , overall i would say great job , need to have a few presenters , maybe turkey calls , Ottawa river and local guides to help educate on fishing opportunities , it was nice to see lots of people stopping by the Muskie Canada booth it will only get bigger and better with time ! :D