Few weeks and time for some victoria island cats

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
joco01
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Few weeks and time for some victoria island cats

Post by joco01 »

Let me know in advance. I work just a few hundred feet frome there,,,,,at the power dam just above,,i can go see ya.

Joco
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

joco01 wrote:Let me know in advance. I work just a few hundred feet frome there,,,,,at the power dam just above,,i can go see ya.

Joco
Will do! Based on the long-range weather forecast probably won't be until mid-week :(
zippyfx
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by zippyfx »

In the past couple of years my earliest iceout cat has been April 25th. I was hoping to beat that this year but mother nature is being pernicious! Things may get better quickly though.
joco01
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by joco01 »

I hope so xippy, But we have a hard time to get hot weater.

And we will. Then will say its to hot to fish lol hahah

Just a few good 15c to bring those cats and crappy to shore

Joco
Ragehunter
Participant
Participant

Post by Ragehunter »

I'm interested in a night out for the kitties! Keep me posted. Seems like a lot of fun!
I'll never apologize for being a hunter (or a fisherman)!
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Those few 17c days coming will help a bit.

Its coming guys..

As soon its nice out. And we get nice night and a nice view at ottawa river side bikepath 8) :lol: its a go,! Joking.

To yhe new ones looking to join, wen we say victoria island,,,,its not on victoria island itself! Its right accros on the ottawa side...it can be tricky to find on those few time going there!!

Joco
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

Where do you park?
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

At about 45 feet frome are bench 8) .

There is a huge parking just beside the bike path and river..

Just beside the steam plant

I dont have my computer. Tonight or tomorow i can send you google map link,,,or mabe someone can do it.

We sis post the how to in one cats tread in ghe past

Joco
joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Took a pict onngoogle map,,,,but pain to post a pict here dont remember. Wishnit would be as easy as FB.
GR8-Scott
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by GR8-Scott »

It has been a few years .... I'd be interested in meeting up too!
Keep me posted for sure!
Scott
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day in the office.....
- Every day can be a fishing day, but not every day will be a catching day.......
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

joco wrote: To yhe new ones looking to join, wen we say victoria island,,,,its not on victoria island itself! Its right accros on the ottawa side...it can be tricky to find on those few time going there!!
Joco
Actually, I did think that you meant Victoria Island. I often fish right from the island as there are several good spots, easy parking, and a nice park to have a BBQ.

But I don't care. Also happy to fish from the shore on the ottawa side. Either way it works.
scarkner
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by scarkner »

Image attached below.

Fishing from the island, there are a few spots on the island. It's weird to get to, you enter from near the war museum on "Middle Street" which passes under the bridge out to the tip of the island. You can then fish either in the fast current on the north-east (catfish, drum, walleye), off the tip of the point (catfish and lots of snags) or on the south-side (catfish, walleye).

Fishing from the ottawa shore - I have NOT actually done this but my understanding is that you can park int the lot shown. Its also weird to access as you come in from Slater/Bronson/Wellington and pass under wellington (it is technically the point where Wellington turns into the Ottawa River Parkway). When I fish from the island there are many times where I am the only person on the island but will see dozen of people on the ottawa shore - not sure if this makes me the smart one or not as I can't see what they are catching :-)

Hope the picture helps.

joco
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Post by joco »

Tks to post the pict.,,,,yep. Where the word fish is,,,that is where we sit along there,,,,this is no secret spot and its cats,,,haha i would not post a trout spot like this haha.but cats,,,,to many anyway

On victoria island itself. Let say yhe shore is safer and nicer hahha

Its more a walleye place then accros where we fish.

Its simply easyer dor people wen they are beside there veh, But yes its easyer to bbq on ghe island itself,,actualy not even sure how legal the bbq thingnon ncc land.... But they do have some at lake leamay so i think it must be ok,,,,,but the bbq is not a must,,,the must is nice weater 8) and cats

Joco
Jul0682
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Jul0682 »

All looks like a real good time.. nice work on map as well, wasent sure where that was at first but all clear now.. :)
2014 Lund Impact 1775
Mercury 115Hp
Peron
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Peron »

So i have been looking at the signs... A flock of seagulls was swarming in the grocery store parking lot, there were two squirrels on my deck in the morning, my red pen ran out of ink... Oh right, basically we just have to wait for some warm weather!

After certain bad luck with catfish last year i am on a mission. Starting this Wednesday or Thursday I will start my lunchtime test runs. If I manage to actually hit some cats I think it will be "game on" for the season!

Thanks scarkner for the parking info... I was looking at google maps and the access points to both lots were a bit fuzzy!

Rod