Are there lake trout in the Calabogie Lake

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
GreenGoblin
Participant
Participant

Are there lake trout in the Calabogie Lake

Post by GreenGoblin »

Hello Everyone,

I just recently opened up an account because I thought this site was great! I love to fish everyday that I can and I mostly fish on the Ottawa River because my boat is parked at Petrie Island. I love that people are sharing information within the fishing community and I would love to contribute! :D But My question for you guys is... has anyone ever caught a lake trout on the Calagbogie Lake. I have read a lot of stuff online because my buddy said that he had seen a picture online of a guy who caught one ice fishing there but that picture was actually the Calabogie area (which we all know has lotsss of lakes). I did a lot of research and I didn't find a single thing stating that there are lake trout on the Calabogie Lake...

So has anyone ever caught one or seen a buddy catch one there?
Tip-up
Diamond Participant
Diamond Participant

Re: Are there lake trout in the Calabogie Lake

Post by Tip-up »

I highly doubt Calabogie lake itself has lakers, it is a walleye and bass lake. I seen a picture of a lake trout caught from the Ottawa River last week so anything is possible :D

There are lake trout lakes in the area though my knowledge on them is very low.
Troutskiii
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Re: Are there lake trout in the Calabogie Lake

Post by Troutskiii »

Never seen or heard of anyone catching a Laker on Calabogie Lake......