Sonar Recording Files – Humminbird Autochart

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
CarlosR
Participant
Participant

Sonar Recording Files – Humminbird Autochart

Post by CarlosR »

Hi All... I just purchased the Humminbird Autochart Pro to begin mapping out lakes around the Ottawa area so that I can link my Humminbird 859di to my minn kota Terrova autopilot to follow contour lines. Does anyone know of where I can download lake sonar recordings? Is there an “Autochart Project” site where everyone shares their recordings?

I will begin recording my own in the spring but figured I could get a head start.

Thanks..
toobinator
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Sonar Recording Files – Humminbird Autochart

Post by toobinator »

On the Navionics + chip, you get all the maps on Canada & U.S. and you can download the sonar charts in an area of your choosing as well. I believe you can do the same with a Hotmap chip as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that. The chips come pre-loaded, but you download the sonar charts onto them through the Navionics site.

Ed
Save a bass. Eat a chicken
CarlosR
Participant
Participant

Post by CarlosR »

Thanks for the reply Ed... I do have the Navionics + SD card but I can not transfer sonar charts to the Autochart pro SD Card. I was looking for anyone that has recorded sonars for lakes around Ottawa that would be willing to send me the sonar file. That way I could upload it on my Autochart card.

I have my Minn Kota Terrova Ipilot linked to my Hummingbird 859di and I want to be able to automatically follow contour lines.

Carlos
Spence Scout
Bronze Participant
Bronze Participant

Post by Spence Scout »

Carlos

If I were you Id look at it in the exact opposite situation. This Humminbird AC program gives you the opportunity to have maps "NO ONE" else has. If anyone else has started making their own maps like you have I dont see them jumping up and saying take my maps. Even if you have Nav+ coverage of lakes this AC program can give you even better coverage. Once you do all your hard work making maps I suggest you hold onto it.
Sir Lumbo
Participant
Participant

Post by Sir Lumbo »

Hey Carlos,

I bought the Humminbird AC the day it was available to order off of Cabelas a few years ago.

At the time, I believe they said that there would be a community based option for sharing in due time. Haven't been back to the Humminbird site since to be honest.

I only used it for the lake at my cottage.

For the Ottawa River and most other well known lakes I have been on since, the Navionics cards is what I use. While not as detailed as the AC, it still provides depth charts and contours. If you fish a lot of larger, well known lakes, you may want to bite the bullet and invest in a Navionics Card. You will find that unless you frequent the small lakes not avail on Navionics, the AC almost becomes useless as you have to record, eject, transfer to pc, make chart, go back to lake - with a unit that doesn't have a built in "auto-chart-type" system in it.

Hope this helps.

Jason