Small Lakes Near Pembroke/Petawawa

This is where it's all going on. One can ask for advice or general information or simply chew the fat about fishing tackle, tips, and locations.
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Small Lakes Near Pembroke/Petawawa

Post by Farlane94 »

Ill be going out tomorrow for the day and am wondering if anybody knows some small lakes within 30ish minutes of Pembroke. I tried Lemke and had a painfully slow day. Any species is good, just looking to get some classmates onto some fish!

Thanks.
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Re: Small Lakes Near Pembroke/Petawawa

Post by beachburger »

Lemke is probably fished out already! :lol:

Acorn and Beechnut are the closest stocked brookie lakes. Be aware that no live minnows allowed on Acorn and the MNR goes to both lakes regularly. Acorn is accessible with a vehicle and a bit of a slog through the woods. Beechnut is harder to get to. Probably need a snowmo to get in there now.

Corry Lake has sunfish. Not sure how accessible it is in the winter.

EDIT : Corrected to say no live minnows on Acorn only. Live minnows are allowed on Beechnut.
Last edited by beachburger on Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.
banjo
Silver Participant
Silver Participant

Post by banjo »

I know the area, but not much about fishing there. I was always wondering if anyone had fished Maves lake?
wishin I was Fishin
Participant
Participant

Post by wishin I was Fishin »

No access to it! Too many people left junk on the ice and on shore so access to Maves and Supple has been shut down.
Farlane94
Participant
Participant

Post by Farlane94 »

Ya we hit Lemke and only managed perch. May need to give Acorn a shot soon, how far of a walk would it be from the closest road??
beachburger
Gold Participant
Gold Participant

Post by beachburger »

Farlane94 wrote:Ya we hit Lemke and only managed perch. May need to give Acorn a shot soon, how far of a walk would it be from the closest road??
It's about a 10 min walk to the lake and most of it is uphill. It's a pretty popular lake so the trail will be well trodden.
If you're gonna be stupid, you'd better be tough.